Models for UT in MilkShape

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sckoobs

Nov 15, 2000
Scotland, UK
www.maxstudios.co.uk
Right I've got MilkShape and I want to make some UT models. Problem is I'm not sure how it is done. Does anyone know of any good tutorials that perhaps show the process of making a model then converting it to a format that can be used in UT? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Max

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
I think there are some modelling tutorials on Machinima. Once your player model (if that's what you mean) is done and skinned, you'll first have to look at the default TournamentPlayer classes to see what animations there are. Animate your model and export it. You'll then get a <name>_d.3d, a <name>_a.3d and a <name>.uc file. Make a subdirectory in your UT folder and give it your package's name. Create a subdirectory called Models and one called Classes. The .3d files and the skins go into the Models directory and the .uc into the Classes folder, or at least that's how most people do it. You HAVE to put the .uc file into Classes, or the compiler won't find it. Once you've done that, edit the .uc. Change the paths according to the actual setup you decided to use. You'll also have to look for the texture imports, they're set to texture1, texture2 and so forth by default. Correct that, and then make your animation list by imitating that of, e.g., TMale1. Then make an entry for your package in the UnrealTournament.ini, as an EditPackage. Run ucc make in the System directory and that's it, I think. If your model looks wrong in UT, try changing the scaling in the .uc and recompiling. You'll have to delete the .u before.

Hetemti

Bargain Brand Being
Oct 7, 2000
Visit site
I'm still lost... :(

Is there any site that has a simple animated skeleton that one could use just as a temp so that the model could be played and tested until one gets the animations planned and laid out?