Looking for a mutator...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
I doubt it's even possible, but here goes:

I'm trying to find a mutator that would allow players to spawn with, or quickly get, in some way or another, Unreal or UT items (as in, NOT weapons), such as UT_invisibility or Unreal flashlight for example.

I tried to use StuffSwapper, GTX, CheckLoadout and WeaponSetup (as I intend to use the pickups for Infiltration fun games) without results, yet I can spawn these items by the console.

Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
You could write a small mutator to do this. I thought Stuff swapper let you do this but i remember you only spawn options are weapons and armor. Hmmm, I think writeing a small mutator would be the best option.

O_DoGG

Le Boner
Nov 17, 2002
France
www.clanvega.com
Alas, due to my limited abilities on this matter, coding it myself isn't an option :( I might have a look at Unreal Wiki when I find some free time though.

asylum, the mutator you're talking about could do the job, thanks for trying to dig it up :)

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
To resurrect a thread with a relevant title, rather than creating a new one:

I'm looking for a mutator that displays the remaining charge of your AntiGrav Boots. This mutator displays a rectangle, the same as that of health and armour, below the health and armour with a little boot icon. Now, this mutator is just an optional luxury, but it's necessary for a mod I'm making, JetBoots, which also makes you run faster and deducts Charge accordingly. I need the mutator, because it's not especially easy for a player to keep track of the charge, although it's important to be able to do so. I would like to have it so that I can derive it's code and learn how it works, with the HUD and everything.

If someone could tell me where to find it, I would be eternally grateful :)

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
No idea what that mutator'd be.
But for having a look at additional HUD elements' code there'd be plenty of options.
Last but not least I always thought it sufficed to have the boot icon indicating I have at least one charge left.

GF-REX

Jan 31, 2008
Kansas, USA
www.unrealrex.com
I'm looking for a mutator that displays the remaining charge of your AntiGrav Boots.
I am actually working on a mutator that has this along with support for the UT_Invisibility and UDamage. It also includes a few extra features for CTF. Here is my most recent version:

http://www.unrealaddiction.com/down/RextendedCTFv2-1.zip

Any feedback is welcome, I tested it a lot, but I'm sure it is possible that I might have missed something. :p

Last edited:

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
omg thanks!

You realise my long-running JetBoots mod is nearly finished!

Now with this HUD element (once finished, although I don't know how long that will take as I don't know the first thing about HUD), I can release it to the public as a beta!

This will be my best mod yet! You should see the quality of my Config Window...

EDIT:

I won't look at it for now, as I'm preparing to go to Queensland for the week. But when I get back, I'll have a few questions.

Last edited:

WolfZword

Feb 1, 2008
Because it seems better to post here than make a new thread:
I'm looking for a mod that adds some weapons, one of which was a shock rifle capable of being charged (and overcharged, if you like blowing yourself up); charging the rifle to 50 or 75% basically guaranteed gibbing the target. The charge was shown as a bar under the reticule. Could anyone help me find it?
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Hiya Rex, Im back again. If you have time tomorrow log in MSN cause I need to talk to ya.

When I started reading this thread where Danger was requesting that mutator, the first thing that came in my mind was Rex's mutator when we were testing it lol. What I couldnt believe is that he actually joined here to share it with you and that the join date couldnt be any more perfect. That date is like xmas to me lol.