Epic Working On PC-Exclusive Title

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Joystiq recounts a panel conversation that took place at PAX East this weekend in which Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski and Mike Capps comment on a PC-exclusive title that they have underway.

An update to the story details a direct conversation with Capps, who says:

Epic Games prez Mike Capps told us after the panel that the unannounced PC project is currently underway, and that the current plans are to keep the game exclusive to the PC platform. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn't tell us anything else.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
As long as the product is of high quality, what does it matter?

High Quality is the key words here. When has Epic ever shit anything out for the PC community that has been high quality since UT2k3/2k4? If you say UT3 then you need to wake the fuck up and get off the bandwagon.

There is a reason why people are being cautious about this.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
High Quality is the key words here. When has Epic ever shit anything out for the PC community that has been high quality since UT2k3/2k4? If you say UT3 then you need to wake the fuck up and get off the bandwagon.

There is a reason why people are being cautious about this.
Surely you mean UT.

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
San Salvador, El Salvador
Hopefully an Unreal Tournament that brings back the crazy colors and themes, instead of being "coherent" and Gears-like.

I'll have a heart attack if they put an intro where it says "from the creators of Gears of War".

OK I obviously dislike Gears.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I don't really want another UT (what's the point anyways? the graphics didn't come that much further since UT3 and the gameplay was fine and there is a chance it would be far worse game too), besides they said they wouldn't do UT for a while didn't they? Don't think this is another UT. Have my doubts about singleplayer Unreal too, but if it would be then I would like to see something like this:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=2558127&postcount=19

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
what's the point anyways? the graphics didn't come that much further since UT3
You are insane. Try the UTdemo in UDK and then come back to comment on this.
Just because you didn't like 2k4 doesn't mean it was shit
Yes, it actually was. But that is beside the point, I simply meant that the game required quite a bit of fixing post-release.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
There's no way in hell its another UT, unless they have been purposely misleading. They have stated they were making five smaller sized projects for the PC.

Of course, if its a new Triple-A Unreal or Unreal Tournament, I'll jump on board. I just have my doubts.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
You are insane. Try the UTdemo in UDK and then come back to comment on this.

I can't run the latest UDK, but all I know that the UT maps in UDK had reworked lighting, yes I saw it, it looked better, but the maps were same, the detail and everything. There has not been a huge step in graphics since really, maybe the Samaritan shows a bit more progress and promise but that's very heavy on hardware but my point still stands here. There is no real need for another UT, if they could they could have patched UT3 further or release an expansion or repack, but...from what I have seen the Midway bankrupcy got into the way of that, or that's what I've been told anyway, that is why there was no further patch and why there was a mess in 2.1 (like in 2.0 they removed the highlighting over menu with mouse thing, fine that was cool and made sense because when you clicked once on it it highlighted anyway and when twice you entered the desired menu section, however in 2.1 they did due to a popular ut2k4 players demand change it to one click, but didn't bring back the highlighting, so that left a lots of room for error unless you used keyboard and with the slow menu loading a mistake to click was way too much to pay, at least for me, because sometimes you were not sure if you really selected that menu section or not, or clicked a pixel below and you are suddenly in wrong menu, ugh) and obviously optional meant nothing to them, like making many of the new features optional and customizable. They could have fixed that in like 2.2 but that never happened obviously.

But really, there has been so many multiplayer oriented unreal titles that it would time for a change I say and make something with real singleplayer again. Or make Unreal RTS, lol, like Unreal Strider Wars or something.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm not saying they are doing it, in fact I quite doubt it. However, they have made massive improvements to almost every aspect of rendering in UE3 since UT3 came out and it runs MUCH better.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
First see, then believe. They also said UT3 being on consoles wouldn't negatively impact PC experience, and we all know how that turned out.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
ut2k4 =/= quality game

It's nothing related to Unreal, most probably. I'll be fine with something new.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
The can't win, can they? :lol:

They make console games and people are bitching about them only making console exclusives. They announce a PC exclusive title and people bitch about it - even though they haven't even shown anything, yet...