Congrats to BHS!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
For those that don't know, those crazy DOM fiends, BHS, played the final match for the Teamplay Domination Dungeon tourney tonight. They went in the underdogs, against the Team to Beat for 2000, the Mighty Mighty Smiley Squad. Predictions were for an easy win for the Smiling Ones.

On a server plagued by intermittent ping spikes, the two teams met in the late late hours of Thursday evening.

They lost the first map by a margin (not excruciatingly painful but definitely cause for worry for the BHSers)

The second map was close all the way through, and in the final minutes, BHS grabbed a TEEEEEENY lead and HELD that puppy till the countdown.

The tiebreaker could have gone either way, BHS stayed in the lead by about 5 points most of the game, until Firewall's monster CP work got helped them to a 25 point lead. Even tho the Smileys came back to within 7 points at one time, they just could't pull ahead. BHS won the tie, the match, and the DOM Dungeon Championship.

Great games, BHS, was a real treat to watch you all in your element :)

CONGRATS and w00ts and YOU ARE ALL APES! :)

p.s. and special props go out to everyone's favorite oddity, Nigma--who was head admin for the DOM Dungeon and did a kickass job getting this thing underway, the matches played, and keeping it a fast paced, exciting season.

FrAnK CaStLe

m-m-m-monster skill!
Nov 11, 2000
sandiego ca
cosmicmonstersinc.com>
Yeah good job guys, you must be some kinda domination monsters. Beating |C| to get the #1 position on pg must have been tough as well. And if Im not mistaken isnt firewall the top instagibber? Where do you find the time to practice all these gametypes? lemme guess your just naturals :D.

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
great news!

Congrats BHS!

It's all well deserved imho, DOM clans have come and gone over the past year, but you guys are still keeping it on the down low.. no, wait.. that's the [DuX] guys..

anyways - keep it up! hehe.. now THAT'S something LowRider and Co would never do...

God, I'm rambling today..

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
Congrats guys!
All of |C| were rooting for ya!

We still consider you cheaters. I mean hell, you guys practice! How lame! ;p~~

-BHS-Snowdog

Aug 2, 2000
www.wuher.com
Wow. I want to take a moment to acknowledge the players who brought this victory home for BHS, some you may know, and some you don't. These guys are all great players and great friends, and deserve all of the credit for this great victory:

-[BHS]-Ahriman
-[BHS]-Dipps
-[BHS]-Firewall
-[BHS]-Jebadya
-[BHS]-Mrukk
-[BHS]-Rhadamus
-[BHS]-Scooby

Congrats to our boys for bringing the crown home, and props to MMSS for their great work throughout the tournament. And also our deepest thanks go to Nigma for making this all possible.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Now that's great news. You guys have a great attitude and you kick ass. :) Sounds fun... but what were the maps and scores? I'm a closet DOM junkie and I gotta know. :D

-BHS-Snowdog

Aug 2, 2000
www.wuher.com
I'll post a link to the Teamplay Dom Dungeon recap as soon as it's available. That should include demos for anybody interested. In the meantime, here are the links to the NGstats from each map. Check the scoring graph to see how unbelievably close these games were.

Cryptic:
http://www5.ut.ngworldstats.com/fcg...m&ip=208.185.73.201&port=7777&ts=978760864109

Olden:
http://www4.ut.ngworldstats.com/fcg...m&ip=208.185.73.201&port=7777&ts=978762678437

Sesmar:
http://www4.ut.ngworldstats.com/fcg...m&ip=208.185.73.201&port=7777&ts=978764182671

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Congrats, boys!

Hey - did FF on change your style drastically (besides y'all getting more killng spees :) )?

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Wow! Great job guys! I never had a doubt you boys would pull Champs outta that tourney. And against MMSS! w00t! See j00 m0's around on the PG DOM ladder, although I doubt we'll get to challenging you. ;)

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
well [BHS] winning the tourney came as no surprise to me... you guys have proven to be the best against all sorts of competition... congrats guys...

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Hey thanks guys... we had a great time last night. The smiley d00ds were a great bunch to work with, and really there was no moaning in any way throughout all three games which was nice to see.

BHS actually split into two teams for this tournament, with each team having relatively similar skill levels. I really had no doubt that we would lose to the great smilies, and so after the first map where we didn't finish so far behind them even though we had three players for a short while, I was over the moon!

There is no question that our knowlege of the maps, and the many hours of playing them online to find out what strategies and options work best carried us to the victory. MMSS were short of N.Vader and Syco for the match, so I would love to see a match with our squad joined back together, as well as those guys :)

Anyway - thanks everyone for great games, and thanks to Troll and Nigma for helping set things up last night! lol, the game started at about 2am EST!

/me does an happy ape-dance :D