Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
Psh, glass is for nubs, nothing can compare to my under-ice house. How do I take screenshots? PrtScn won't work because when I paste in Paint it just shows up all black.

Are you guys on Steam or something I can chat to y'all with? Besides IRC...

shloww is my steam but i rarely am on it, i just buy games from it because those deals they have make my penis have a nice feeling. I'm mostly on xfire.

BTW those fire in a block under the water would be the ultimate eye candy at night.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I do think there is a limit yes. I am not sure what it is, if it's time based or amount based.

Since we're in SP anyways, have no fear and build chests as much as you need because nobody can steal them. (That's one of the problems in MP public I'm reading, people steal and grief.)

Also make your house near the spawn location. That way when you die you are near your base. Or put signs along the way to your place, or some other landmarks.

Finally, a compass can be handy to. Make it by surrounding a redstone dust with four iron ingots (two vertical and two horizontal.) It will only point to your spawn location though.

Lol, i didn't steal anything in your chest, i swear. I prefer finding my own things.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
No idea, ask on the minecraft forums or better yet, search their forums for an answer.

I've been looking around, and haven't found a single answer to it. It seems I'm not the only one with the issue, but no one has really seemed to fix it. The only way it seems they fixed it was by switching computers, or because they were on a Mac or Linux and switched to using Java, which solved it?

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Playing on DarkED's server I found a dungeon, so naturally I brought some friends with me back to town.
gtSKq.jpg

NmTBe.jpg

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
This game gave me a whopping 3 hours of sleep last night. This game likes to cut through time like a hot knife through butter!

I've been playing a lot too. Oh hai 7 am.

Too bad I have no one to play with though, if only Dark's server would work for meh! :(

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Okay, so I haven't checked this thread since the server went up. I pretty much have all the little quirks ironed out with the server, so it's basically stable now. It ran all night last night and all day today with no hitches. I've also been saving and making backups of the world regularly. On top of that, I now have QoS setup for the server so lag is greatly reduced. And finally, I upgraded the server so it has 1GB of RAM now. So I got a lot done :D

Here's a couple renders of our world so far. These have been cropped to reduce filesize.

Day:
[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-normal-day.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-obliqueangle-day2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Night:
[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-normal-night.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-obliqueangle-night2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Wha happa Sine?

I figured out how to make pools and such that don't disappear. I fixed the hot tub in your treehouse :D

>Connection lost.
>
>Failed to logon: User not premium.

Can you do what Angel said and turn off authentication or whatever? :lol:

(EDIT: It's done. Connect at will :D )

I'll change it sometime tonight or tomorrow for ya. Just gotta wait till nobody is on the server. I will let you guys know when.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Here's a couple renders of our world so far. These have been cropped to reduce filesize.

(EDIT: It's done. Connect at will :D )

Holy crap that is awesome, how do I make those renders, do you need to run it as a server or something? :eek:

(Holy crap that is awesome, thank you very much. :D I'll see you guys there sometime!)

Mar 6, 2004
I now got a glass floor with a pool under it and i have destroyed my house and built a marketplace going around my place. Tomorrow i will be filling the chests up with weapons, armor, wood, etc. I will probably go farming for glass eventually and fill it up for a glass store i'll make. Also got an outpost, and a bunch of free **** for anyone who needs stone or dirt or just random **** i collect. I can't wait for dragons!

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Hi DarkED, what is your connection speed? I went on the server yesterday, but it all seemed a little choppy. Of course, there's bound to be latency issues, since you're in the US, but I thought it felt like a little more than that. Anyhow, I might jump in later today and see if anybody is around.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Wow, I'm really tempted to purchase this. Played with a teammate for a few hours the other night while the login server was broke and spent a bunch of hours just exploring the generated world and figuring out the basics. I'm afraid to do it though, I feel like one massive attack on the Minecraft servers and a lot of people will lose their accounts and/or maps.

I'd love to play in your server Darked and be part of an empire cooperatively built by BUFers. :D

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Holy crap that is awesome, how do I make those renders, do you need to run it as a server or something? :eek:

You already know now, but for posterity I will tell the rest of you. Those are made with a program called Cartographer.

(Holy crap that is awesome, thank you very much. :D I'll see you guys there sometime!)

Sure :D

Hi DarkED, what is your connection speed? I went on the server yesterday, but it all seemed a little choppy. Of course, there's bound to be latency issues, since you're in the US, but I thought it felt like a little more than that. Anyhow, I might jump in later today and see if anybody is around.

It's 384k up, but that should be fine for up to 6 clients. I think the main problem was that the server didn't have enough RAM to handle the game. Can cause it to be laggy. I upgraded the server to 1GB of RAM last night and I setup QoS rules for it so it should be less laggy for everyone now. I have the player cap set to 8. We had 7 clients on yesterday and the game was a little laggy but playable, and that was before the upgrade and QoS rules. So hopefully it will be better for everyone.

Last edited:

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
Finally got the game to work! :tup: I made myself a simple base of sorts, and began building myself tools. I only spent about 2 hours playing last night, but I feel like I did good for the time I spent playing. I covered my place on the outside with torches, simply because everyone I know who plays has gotten lost at night and couldn't find there way back home. I don't think that will be a problem for me with the amount of torches and structures I made at my base :)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Okay so I'm trying to connect to DarkEd's server and I get this incomplete world which looks nothing like your map, and then the error: "End of stream."

:|

I guess it's back to branch mining for diamonds in solo.

Mar 6, 2004
Wow, I'm really tempted to purchase this. Played with a teammate for a few hours the other night while the login server was broke and spent a bunch of hours just exploring the generated world and figuring out the basics. I'm afraid to do it though, I feel like one massive attack on the Minecraft servers and a lot of people will lose their accounts and/or maps.

I'd love to play in your server Darked and be part of an empire cooperatively built by BUFers. :D

Yeah, let's get a bunch of us over. The game is not a time waster, it's a time STEALER! a few hours feels like 30 minutes. I had nothing to do last night so i spent like 10 hours in it...:(