Issues playing regular ut2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UncleSlam

Oct 12, 2004
I installed UnWheel with the .ut4mod thing, and when i go to play regular ut2k4 it gives me some BS like my files aren't valid or something... any clue?

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
One clue: as far as I know, UnWheel is not distributed through UT4MOD files. I guess you just downloaded a fake that fu-... destroyed your files instead of helping.

I suggest reinstalling UT2004... but if you give me the content of the "BS" (I guess it's an error message), I might give you more specific and less drastic help.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Ravu al Hemio said:
One clue: as far as I know, UnWheel is not distributed through UT4MOD files. I guess you just downloaded a fake that fu-... destroyed your files instead of helping.

I suggest reinstalling UT2004... but if you give me the content of the "BS" (I guess it's an error message), I might give you more specific and less drastic help.

Yeah we've never distributed a .Ut4Mod. Could you point us to the download site? After re-installing I'd suggest getting the .exe or .zip versions from our site (you might need an extra file with the .zip: carribean.utx which can be found by searching on this forum)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Check the contents of your UT2004\Cache folder, and clear out the stuff that's in there (it's safe to just delete everything in there).

Some people report this with other mods too, it's a funny thing UT2004 is doing with cache files...