Screenshot for my new level?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tsunami

Dec 15, 1999
Visit site
I followed the advice on how to make a screenshot for my level but it doesn't work. I had it saved as a 24-bit bmp then tried saving it as a 256 color bmp. Neither worked. Could use some advice....

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Sure, whenever you make a screen shot of a level, always make sure to put the brightness all the way up. Then hit F9, and you're ready to go. Load up a graphics program and open the image, c:\unreal\system
Change it to a jpg and that's it. Wow, I hope I answered your question.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Using a program like "Paint Shop Pro..."

Resize your screenshot to 256x256 and convert it to 8bit color (256 colors) save it as a ".bmp" in your /UnrealTournament/texture directory.

Go into UnrealEd and open your map. Choose Textures in the Browser.

Click on Import. Change the Name to screenshot.

Change the Package to MyLevel. (Don't save the texture package.)

Open the Level Properties. (F6)

Expand the LevelInfo section.

Select your screenshot in the Browser. Then click on the Screenshot section under LevelInfo and then click Use. "

Save the map.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

Tsunami

Dec 15, 1999
Visit site
Thx a lot, kind sirs! This editing is cool although I still have a lot to learn... I appreciate you taking the time to help a novice...