Imprting animation textures???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
I want to replace my Fatgun projectile with a fancy new one that I'm going to make. But how do you make animated textures?

And on a side note.
Is it possible to import textures seperatly through Unrealed into packages and then use them, instead of importing them through code?

Magus

Oct 7, 2001
Visit site
Animated Textures:
naming plays a big role in animated textures. All the textures that you wish to use will have to have the same name TextureName followed by _a00. If your animated texture had 3 textures you would, have TextureName_a00, TextureName_a01, TextureName_a02. Now to make your proj use the animated textures. Add this to defaultproperties Texture=Texture'TextureName_a00', if you put your textures in a group you will need to add the group name Texture=Texture'GroupName.TextureName_a00'

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk

It was the code in the Plasma Gun's and Shock Rifle's projectiles that confuzzled me.

Code:
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=textures\PlasmaExplo.utx PACKAGE=Botpack.PlasmaExplo

But importing all the textures seperatly worked. Nice that they all animate. :D

Magus

Oct 7, 2001
Visit site
All that they did on the shock rifle and stuff was to create a seperate Texture Package (.utx) containing all the animation frames. Then they loaded the texture package into there package package with one line of code. That way is much cleaner then having to write a seperate #exec to import each individual texture they wanted to import.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
Perhaps. . . .

Someone could explain this for me: When you make a animated texture does UT tween from texture to texture or simpily just work like a gif desplaying the next image in sequence and if so; how do I make a animated texture that tweens from frame to frame?

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
Blahh
Man I had a good idea for my organic texture pack. now it's gonna take a while longer. I was gonna do some animations of some flowers opening. I am still gonna do it, it's just that it's gonna take like 10x longer >_<
*me proffeses his hate for untweenable textures*

simianangel

Aug 12, 2001
Delaware, USA
you can adjust the speed at which they animate by importing to a .utx package in unrealed, then click on properties
-you only have to set the float value of the min and max speed on the first frame

(if you have set the last anim frame to loop with the first one, you can see a dynamic picture of your texture animating under properties as well)

BE CAREFUL,
lots of animated texture frames=big fat .utx packages
*lotsaMegs