DM-Base SXS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
Feedback Needed!! :eek:

screenshot.jpg

2-5 player Hardcore DeathMatch. First map by me...

Features: Hours of texture aligning, spiral staircases, Light sources for lights, competent flow and connectivity, chaossounds.uax sound package, a "trampoline" room, and a "secret" room.
Known weak points:
1.)
Bots get around well, but I can't seem to get them to translocate correctly to get to certain weapons and goodies on high spots and ledges. Otherwise they get to all the other weapons fine.
2.) Blocky architecture in some areas (getting better with the red brush though) :rolleyes:

Please give me constructive criticism, tips pointers, suggestions.
Is the map fun?
Is it a BSP disaster?

Thanks! :B

P.S. Tried to attach the zip file to this thread... couldn't get it to work so here's a link http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6391

Last edited:

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
Sure... I would definitely like a review :)
I was just being impatient :rolleyes: 'cause this map has been out now for a while on other sites and nobody has reviewed it yet. But I just sent it in to this one yesterday.

Thanks for responding :D

lophead said:
Yeah good point. I just noticed it has been requested for review.

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
OK, I don't have enough patience.... :mwink:
If there is anyone on here that would like to play my finished version map then please follow the link on the first post of this thread.
Just please let me know what you think of it either here or where you downloaded it.

I'll still be on the lookout for that review, but it can't hurt to get more peoples thoughts than just the reviewer, right?

Thanks a bunch,
JED - SiXWiNGS

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
Homeslice said:
Don't worry, Jed. I just reviewed your map and it should be released to the public within a few days.

Cool :D I'm ready to be ripped to shreds ;)
Isn't it funny how when you make a first map that you have such high hopes for it... should have got it tested first I guess... Actually people haven't responded badly for it being a first map. Some even said that I had promise :)

I have found out one thing tho... I should have called it a 1-on-1 since most people seem to think it is too close or tight gameplay wise.

Thanks, I appreciate your time.

ValleyFly

One Shot... One Kill!
Jun 5, 2001
Andover Ohio
Visit site
As for those Bots giving you problems with the translocator, you need to add transloc targets and assign a tag to a jumpspot and the target. This tells the bots exactly where to shoot the locator. You can tweak it more by setting the Z offset.
There are tutorials on this one but I can't remember what site at the moment.

**EDIT**
Advanced botpathing (by Blitz): http://www.leveldesigner.com/index....tion=doc&ID=172

Last edited: