Raiderz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
POOTISPOW

In other words, I shouldn't have bothered with this game.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
looks good and the skills system seems ok but it's still a f2p.

I don't know where you're getting at, but most of the games I've played with the longest amount of hours recorded were F2P games.

I can't believe someone would just stop looking because they read "Free 2 Play".

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've played a few and some are pretty good in the gameplay and visual departments but I really don't like the idea of buying power.

TF2 and Tribes are not exactly pay to win for instance.

What I really find p2w is getting items you would have nearly no access from playing free. If you take Tribes, sure, you can get some ~$10 items which takes a long time to farm and have double XP, but it doesn't bother me one bit personally. Think of it as a "Early access", that is fine.

F2P games always need a revenue somehow, they have to give players a reason to spend money on the game.

I tend to avoid Nexon now, because they ruined the shit out of every game on late end content.
Vindictus was one of those games. Succesrate scrolls that can break your precious gear, ~$8 runes to prevent those breaks, bots farming the scrolls/getting shit-tons of gold. BS all around, the game was dying anyway, and now it's on Steam. Unfortunately.

Also, another detail:

Max Payne 3 is loaded with invincible cheats - MSRP $60
Paid Shooter #1244562 is full of cheaters - MSRP $60
Tribes: Ascend is very likely cheat-free - MSRP $0
TF2 is also very likely cheat-free - MSRP $0

Bottom line is, I don't get how someone would stop at "Free to Play"
There's many different developers and publishers out there, give most of them a try (or read about it), if they encourage too much p2w, then at least you tried and you know what to do in the future whenever said dev/pub has a new game.

Here, with Perfect World, I've tried BlackLight: Retribution and one of their MMO, I didn't stick to these games because they had their own dev-related issues (the games had bad concepts). But as far as the marketing goes? Nothing off the scale.

Last edited: