Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 22, 2000
NeoNite said:
[lol long text]

Sorry, I did enjoy "Gotcha!" and a couple of odd levels near the end. I just got a little turned off in general when the "YOUR BACKC IN YOUR HOME CITY"!!1" bit started. I prefered the smaller maps.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Was Gotcha! that map where you had to run down the huge halls full of explosive barrels before they blew up and killed you? I liked that map... I really also liked the condos level and the courtyard, though I can't remember which Doom those are from...

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
MediocreTangerine said:
Was Gotcha! that map where you had to run down the huge halls full of explosive barrels before they blew up and killed you? I liked that map... I really also liked the condos level and the courtyard, though I can't remember which Doom those are from...

No, that's Barrels O' Fun. And those maps are all from Doom 2.

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
I'm playing through all the doom games again because I have nothing else to do until Doom's Day. Almost done with Doom, and already started Doom2. I'm also going through all my old stuff looking for my DoomII hat and my Doom 2 shirt and my Doom Pajamas. I will be ready for Doom3!!!

6 days 11 hours 38 minutes and 12 seconds!

FrostBot

Switch To Linux Today!
Jul 27, 2004
True, but after watching the trailer and seeing those physics, I'm sure it'll be as expected. "Painkiller", my favourite FPS for PC. Nothing compares. My opinion anyway. A game that seems to have been overlooked by many.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
frosty said:
It is amazing how many people will spend hundreds of $ upgrading to play a game that will last 24 hours?

I have over 3grand in a (1) gas powered RC car.....Till I smash it in a wall...Mmmmm. Bent Titanium :lol:

I will be buying Doom 3. The day it comes out.
I will try to put up a 1 on 1 server with my DSL, and play it the whole day. :y5: :enforcer:

Jul 22, 2000
MegaManInferno said:
Doom3s story takes place as if doom 1 and doom 2 never happned, no need to replay.

By playing Doom I'm mentally preparing myself for the unforeseen carnage and slaughter Doom 3 will provide.

Don't want to get caught with my pants down by a Cyberdemon.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
BITE_ME said:
I have over 3grand in a (1) gas powered RC car.....Till I smash it in a wall...Mmmmm. Bent Titanium :lol:

Offtopic: That sounds like me when I got my first Nitro Car. I build it from my hard earned vacation job money. It costed way over 1000 Euro's. Once I was done building it I took it to the streets. Note: The only r/c car I had before was a Nikko, they go 20km/h top. This nitro car however has a top speed of nearly 100km/h.
So I start the car, hit the gas, it races off, I make 1 turn and frontally drive into the sidewalk. Result: 2 broken suspensions, a broken axle and some bodywork damage. :( All I could say was..wow did u see how fast it accelerated?!!! :D

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
ShadowKi][er said:
Don't want to get caught with my pants down by a Cyberdemon.

lol

I cant wait to see what the cyberdemon looks like... or the Spider Mastermind (i dont think the above picture was it...im hoping...). When I first saw the new Cacodemon(Tomato Head Guy) i got really excited... damn it seems like all these new monsters in Doom 3 are sooo much faster then in the older dooms.. this time you cant run away from the monsters when they freak you out!!! :eek:

I just hope Doom 3 plays as much like Doom and Doom 2 as possible... although i dont think the new engine can handle 20 enemies on the screen at once like the old doom could.