UT3 Linux, Mac Screens

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Ryan Gordon posted a blurb on Icculus.org to dispel the myth that Microsoft is holding up the release of Unreal Tournament 3 Linux and Mac clients. (thanks Scibotic)

Unreal Tournament 3: Seriously, there's no conspiracy... so stop sending me email suggesting that Microsoft is paying to block this.

And below you can see UT3 running in both Linux and Mac

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Teehee, a conspiricy!

Wait, isn't that Darkpulse in there?

It's a conspiracy!!! WHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

WildFlower

Feb 26, 2008
Oh, those idiots! Everyone knows that there isn't a conspiracy between Microsoft and Epic!

The conspiracy is of course between 3D Realms and Epic.

Release of Duke Nukem Forever: "When it's done."
Release of the UT3 Linux client: "When it's done."

They're obviously linked! q.e.d.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Teehee, a conspiricy!

Wait, isn't that Darkpulse in there?

It's a conspiracy!!! WHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
Unless you see this guy...

ut3char.jpg
UT3Char.jpg

...it's not me. Dig? :p

one could easily fake these screenshots, by making a OS screenshot and adding the windows-game screenshot
Jesus Christ, dude. Do you really think they'd do that?

Grow the hell up.

EdWinchester

Feb 1, 2008
We're a multi-platform company folks please come to grips with that. We like the PC. We like the 360. We like the PS3. We like the Macintosh. We like Linux. We will deliver UT3 for all of these platforms and it will rock on every one.

Morris also confirmed that a Linux executable will be included with the game at release, with a Mac executable to be available soon after

Linux is a pet project IF it happens it happens

Insert whatever quote you can find...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, yes. We all know that Epic said things before release that ended up being untrue. Next?

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
Damn, i will be so happy when the linux installer will be available. I'll finally be able to resize the windows partition and keeping it only for those games that doesn't work on wine / cedega.

Also Ati driver for linux are becoming better and better every month. With this month update they finally see all my videocard ram (i have 256 MB but with the previous versions they only saw 128 MB) and they're adding opengl 3.0 support. Should be in 3 phases if i understood it right, so with the november catalyst we should have full support. Would be cool to test how the new libraries do with UT3 :)

if he make use of them, obviusly...

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Yes, yes. We all know that Epic said things before release that ended up being untrue. Next?
Yes, yes. We all know that you don't like hard evidence of failure on the part of Epic. It makes it so difficult to cloud the mind of the reader.

(included with the game at release) = not(included with the game at release)

Kind of tough to finesse that one.

Tactically, bored dismissal of the concerns of others definitely was your best bet in the circumstances. Well chosen!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, yes. We all know that you don't like hard evidence of failure on the part of Epic. It makes it so difficult to cloud the mind of the reader.

(included with the game at release) = not(included with the game at release)

Kind of tough to finesse that one.

Tactically, bored dismissal of the concerns of others definitely was your best bet in the circumstances. Well chosen!
What are you even talking about? Everyone is bored of all the whining. We all know what happened. Can we talk about something else now?

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
Actually, i think that after all those months of continuative whine everyone in his right mind would make a "bored dismissal of the concerns of others", especially when everyone in this site know those concerns and therefore there's no good reason to reiterate them over and over again in every single thread.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If you are bored of the "whining" then ignore the thread and stop winding up the "whiners".

You chose to continue the discussion. Practice what you preach.
So, in your opinion, telling someone to shut up is, in fact, telling them to continue blabbing?

EdWinchester

Feb 1, 2008

Point taken.. will you please send me the list over topics/opinions available(cleared) and what kind of praise level i should use...

"Great news they are still working on it"