Tanky tank tank !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NATO_chrisjm

Jan 31, 2004
Aberystwyth
tac.tauniverse.com
Tanky tank tank !

This is a base design for a UT 2k4 tank. In 3Dmax 6.

I will be adding a turret soonish and possibly some side turrets if someone can tell me if they could be made to work, I'm thinking have 3 seats, one main gun +driver, and then 1 on eather side gun.

[UPDATE]

Attachments

• tank3-2(j).jpg
    tank3-2(j).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 61
  • tank3-3(j).jpg
    tank3-3(j).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

hottoast

Art Worker
tank comments

The general design of the tank is good, but you might want to consider re-balancing where you are spending your polygons. 2.9K seems a bit high for what the picture is showing.

You may want to spend fewer on making those gun barrels perfectly round, and more on beveling those edges on the main body, for example. Keep at it though, the proportions aren't bad on the tank. You might consider trying to model a new tank off of photo source, the one you've done looks just a bit too much like the standard 2k4 one for my tastes.

Cheers,
Tom

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
It would look great with a kick ass skin I bet... hey Nato, If you get a skin for It I can get it boned and coded then use it in my upcomming ONS map. :)

It depends how much detail you want to add I'd think, and whether you've made the tracks already. Considering the poly count you have so far then maybe just a texture would be better, but if you want it to look better than I'd do them all individually. As for animating it that way, it sounds like a long task of animating each individual tread, but when you think about it you only have to animate it to show all the treads moving one position along, from then you can just loop it and it will work nicely :) Personally I'd go for the latter option, it would look wrong I think with just a flat surface.

BabyEater

Master of Poppycockery
... Maaaaybe.

My fear is that I'm not sure what the process would be for skinning that. I mean, I'm sure I could conjur up the artwork itself, but how would I go about previewing the 3d version? Also, would I need to unwrap it? I'm totally ignorant on such things.

But if you can hold my hand, I'm sure I could paint the thing. :D

What's it for, anyway?