Deathmaker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Deathmaker (ntl stuff)

Don't worry, I'm not going to taunt you about how the best team in England is at the top of the Premiership now. Instead, I want to ask you something about ntl cable :)

You mentioned that when you had yours installed, you did the job yourself thus saving £25.

What did they give you? (ie cables etc) Our cable socket is in the living room which is directly below mine so i might need a big arsed connection to my machine.

I've finally had it with my dial up. I missed my clan match last night because I could only log on at 33.6k :mad:

Any info would be nice.

Cheers Pal :)

Last edited:

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
Exactly now much did you have to pay Derby for those two results ;)
It's gonna be tight at the top this season. The Toon have a massive game against Liverpool tonight, a win will put us on equal points with Man U but third on goal difference.

Well I can dream :)

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Originally posted by DedMeat
It's gonna be tight at the top this season. The Toon have a massive game against Liverpool tonight, a win will put us on equal points with Man U but third on goal difference.

The reds will stick 4 past you and make off with your hubcaps bi0tch :D

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Originally posted by DedMeat

The cheque to Steve Dunn got lost in the post ;)

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
:lol: Highly likely, we're going to miss Bellamy.

We will, of course be using our secret weapon, a mass vibration of the Toon Army combined beer bellies guaranteed to make the ground shake and distract the best of strikers.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Re: Deathmaker (ntl stuff)

Originally posted by The_Inflictor
Don't worry, I'm not going to taunt you about how the best team in England is at the top of the Premiership now

No, the best team is in second place silly, it's that soft, southern, nancy boy team who are momentarily in top spot. ;) :D

NTL actually didn't give me anything, I was already hooked up with the digital set top box and the modem is built into that. I had a couple of PCs hooked up to each other so all I had to do was connect my main PC to the set top box via a x-over cable, change a couple of network settings and voila: broadband. :cool:

Basically all you need is a NIC and and a UTP patch cable (check the back of the set top box as some take x-over, some take straight thro' and some accept both). I don't know how long NTL take to deliver their kit, but if you buy it yourself (~£15) you can be up and running within a couple of hours of the first 'phone call to NTL. :)

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
I've finally had it with my dial up. I missed my clan match last night because I could only log on at 33.6k

Jesus Christ man, I've never logged on at a speed above 31.2k and it didn't stop me playing in a clan many moons ago :)

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
Re: Re: Deathmaker (ntl stuff)

Originally posted by Deathmaker
No, the best team is in second place silly, it's that soft, southern, nancy boy team who are momentarily in top spot. ;) :D

Pot
Kettle
Black

;)

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Re: Re: Deathmaker (ntl stuff)

Originally posted by Deathmaker

NTL actually didn't give me anything, I was already hooked up with the digital set top box and the modem is built into that. I had a couple of PCs hooked up to each other so all I had to do was connect my main PC to the set top box via a x-over cable, change a couple of network settings and voila: broadband. :cool:

Basically all you need is a NIC and and a UTP patch cable (check the back of the set top box as some take x-over, some take straight thro' and some accept both). I don't know how long NTL take to deliver their kit, but if you buy it yourself (~£15) you can be up and running within a couple of hours of the first 'phone call to NTL. :)

OMG, it didn't even know that my cable box had an ethernet connection round the back :eek: Its the standard PACE one.

I'll give the peeps a call later (need to finalise things with my housemates), but if all I need is a patch/crossover cable then bargain :)

Thanks mate. I'll overlook your crass comment about the Arse ;) Things are looking up in this otherwise boring week.

Sam the man: I originally started playing UT on a university fat pipe. I used to ping around 30 - them were the days :(

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Deathmaker: whats the make of your cable box? Is it the Pace one?

I'd to know cos I'm phoning ntl tomorrow and I don't want to sound like an arse when talking to their tech support peeps :)

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Yeah m8, it's the Pace one. In fact it's the "DiTV1000 Digital Cable Set-top box for Cable & Wireless" :B

ditv_1000.jpg

Here's a page showing the different Pace variations.

This page I found pretty useful after I was up and running. :)

Enough about cable What about the football...

See my sig..........'nuff said! :p :D