GeForce People answer!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raul_Duke

Dec 6, 1999
MacDillAFB Fl. USA
Visit site
OK to all you GeForce people out there what type of framerates do you get with UT. I get 30 fps at 800*600 16bit. I have the CL GeForce, 400 celeron, and the 3.53 det drivers. I was just wondering if this is right because my old riva tnt did about the same fps! Thanks

Bugsy

Nov 10, 1999
North Richland Hills, TX
Visit site
I have a PII 450 w/128Mb and the GeForce card could only do 35-40 fps in either 8X6 or 10X7 16 or 32 bit didn't make much dif. Using 3.53 or 3.62 drvs seems the same. So I'm using Voodoo2 SLI instead.

Sorry, wish I had better news for ya. The Geforce card does rock on Q3A though if you have that also.

Greyman

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
have a Cel300@450+128M+Creative Geforce, still have my old SLI.
Well, after some tweaking around (not on detail, more on latest Nvidia driver and minimum framerate required etc - tho I dont get that minumum framerate hehe /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif), Ive got the average to around 41FPS at 960res (stays pretty constant whatever res) on the laggier maps for me like Galleon etc (Im sure its higher in less laggy maps). In Q3 I get 70FPS and Q2 120FPS (both at 1024).
In UT with my SLI I get just below 40FPS, but it looks better on the Geforce than SLI...Oh I also downloaded the latest UT patch which seemed to help a little with the Geforce.
Anyways, it seems to me that UT is pretty CPU bound and not 3d card, cos whatever I do with the 3d options is stays pretty similar and pretty similar to the V2 SLI.

Sachiel

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
I get on average around 67fps at 1024x768x16 and ~48fps at 1024x768x32 on mine. Strangely enough, lowering the resolutions down to 640x480 only gives me a boost of a couple frames per second. Along with the GeForce, I am using an Athlon 650@700 and 128MB PC133 RAM. Using the beta 3.62 drivers (not the special Athlon ones).

Bugsy

Nov 10, 1999
North Richland Hills, TX
Visit site
Yeah, I agree, UT seems to be heavilly cpu dependent. Have you ever tried comparing a map using 2 bots verses say 15 bots?? You'll see a significant decrease in your fps due to all the extra cpu overhead for the bot ai. Not because they're on the screen. It still slows down even if your staring at a wall or in a different room.

Interesting info on the GeForce....maybe I'll give mine another try /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

die-easy

Dec 11, 1999
www.andys.ky
man, those athlons really do kick, huh? Well, I just got my brand spanking new Coppermine 667mhz, 64mb pc133 ram, v770, and I get ~55fps in 1024x768 16bit--which is quite a few steps up from my old PPro 233mhz (didn't even test it with UT).

p.s. - wonder if "Bill Gates" still plays on the servers - anyone run into him? haven't played in awhile

Die-Easy

Zenfe

Dec 25, 1999
Stittsville, Ontario, Canada
hehe, you guys and your Geforce /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I have a Matrox G400 32 meg Dual Head video card along with my Athlon 500@750 /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif and I get 85 fps at 800x600x16 and since my refresh rate is 85Hz i can't get any higher, unless i disable vsynch. But by disabling vsynch there is too much tearing.

Oh and another thing, I only have 64 megs of PC100 RAM /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif hehe

Anyways, just wanted to brag.

peace...

bullet2.gif

Athlon 500Mhz overclocked to 755Mhz
G400 32 meg Dual Head, overclocked /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zenfe (edited 12-25-1999).]

JERBIL

Dec 10, 1999
Visit site
damn i thought the geforce would be better even on games that do not support the T&L engine. i get 34 FPS in outdoor areas like looking out of the base in lavagiant and 60 FPS indoor places...at high world texture and high skin texture 1024x768x16
i have 128MB/450MHzCeleron/v770
i think ill wait entill halo comes out to get a geforce based card.

blakflagg

Dec 26, 1999
Atlanta
Visit site
PiSSED OFF! I have a LeadTek GEFORCE SDR. At 800*600, I get a peak fps of around 80fps. Pathetic. I cannot believe Epic made a better game (or should I say Expansion Pack to Unreal), but does not leverage the newer hardware of today. Great gameplay, but TERRIBLE video performance. Obvious proof that UTs graphics engines has not changed at all (for the better).
Everyone knows that quake3's video quality is unmatched. With all that eyecandy, i can get 130fps!
can someone help me with UT, before I throw it away? I have tried every tweak there is on the web (I believe). help me. I don't care to run yesterdays games on todays hardware.

[This message has been edited by blakflagg (edited 12-26-1999).]

Cypher

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
I HAD A VOODOO 3 3500!
and i get about 50 -60 frames against 9 bot

now with this kryotech1ghgeforce512mbram**** i get between 120 and 150 in 1024x768?

next i'll get a vodoo 4 prototype

working at kryotech is great!!

bullet2.gif

Cypher

SS

Nov 24, 1999
what is this video quality that quake3 supostly has? i have yet to see it... all i see in quake 3 is so-so gfx **** sound
**** maps... and gameplay that is a joke.

quit talking about quake3's "gfx" because
i and alot of people have yet to see this great "gfx" the only thing they got is skins that are a tiny bit better then ut's...

bullet2.gif

Ya, i know i cant spell worth a crap...

SS

Nov 24, 1999
whats this great gfx people keep talking about with quake3? all i see is lame *** crap.. like fake curves crappy outdoor gfx(not to great indoor) pure **** sound...
and gameplay that is a joke! the only thing that is OK is the skins...

The game is a joke.. gfx/soound/netplay/gameplay(if you can call it that) is all 2ed rate. i am not trying to start a flame war... but outa every quaker i asked.. quake3 is a ****ing joke to them...

bullet2.gif

Ya, i know i cant spell worth a crap...