President Obama does it again!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
@Vaskadar: I have to let you have your opinion because I respect your right to have your opinion but that video does not reflect my opinions. Add yourself to that list above please. Thanks!

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I really don't understand the direction this thread has followed...

I feel that Obama's actions have permanently damaged our ability to find a reasonable solution to immigration. It's now a hyper charged issue, and I just don't see how anything gets done now. I also do not believe that Obama's actions are in line with the spirit of the constitution. Instead of solving the problem we're going to be litigating whether these actions are legal.

When I was a missionary I worked with illegal immigrants every day. I am distraught at how politicians are more concerned about demographics than they are about actually helping people. If anyone cared they would be discussing how to fix legal immigration. Quite frankly this whole thread disgusts me. Seriously, wtf are you all even talking about. And you wonder why nothing is getting done right now.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I really don't understand the direction this thread has followed...

I feel that Obama's actions have permanently damaged our ability to find a reasonable solution to immigration. It's now a hyper charged issue, and I just don't see how anything gets done now. I also do not believe that Obama's actions are in line with the spirit of the constitution. Instead of solving the problem we're going to be litigating whether these actions are legal.

When I was a missionary I worked with illegal immigrants every day. I am distraught at how politicians are more concerned about demographics than they are about actually helping people. If anyone cared they would be discussing how to fix legal immigration. Quite frankly this whole thread disgusts me. Seriously, wtf are you all even talking about. And you wonder why nothing is getting done right now.

Oh man it sure is upsetting, this thread on an internet gaming forum.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
That is why I thought it was interesting that you both live in Austin.

I am not tree-hugging and I have no affinity for Obama. I have not lived in Austin for long nor did I choose to migrate here particularly, and I object to the notion that my ideas are geographical accidents.

Fuck you.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
@Vaskadar: I have to let you have your opinion because I respect your right to have your opinion but that video does not reflect my opinions. Add yourself to that list above please. Thanks!

No, but it does reflect how deliberately inflammatory your statements have been.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't really agree with what Obama did because it causes several other issues.

I also don't agree that these people should be deported. More than half of them have never committed a single crime in their adult life, including coming to America illegally. And, like I posted above, tons of them take work that no American is willing to suffer through, even if they have to live on welfare and barely make ends meet to not do it. Deporting them serves absolutely no useful purpose at this point.

A better solution is figuring out how to make these people legal and restore the dream of living in America. There are at least a dozen ways I can think to solve both of those problems and there are probably hundreds more that don't involve deportation.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
America and England are very different. So therefore immigration will be viewed differently. Also bringing imperialism is a desperate move. Many English people aren't imperialistic and some (myself included) find it a little embarrassing that we did that. Sure some good came of it but not all. Remember it was our imperialistic nature that sowed the seeds of America.

Some people here don't understand. I am not a racist or a separatist. I welcome all people (anybody) from anywhere to live in England. As long as they can pay their way and live by our rules.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
I must say, that it is very VERY ironic that Firefly, being from the UK, is talking about wanting to live in a world were cultures don't mix.

Read my posts again and you'll see that is not what I said.

I said forcing people from different cultures to live together does cause friction and stress. I would love to live in world where all cultures are respected and yet, at the same time, all can live together as one.

I'm saying that will never happen because we are human. The left's Utopian dream ignores that.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
cryptophreak, Lizard Of Oz, hal, SlayerDragon, Zxanphorian and Sir_Brizz are for this latest of President Obama's efforts if I'm reading their responses correctly. Interesting opinions.

Yes, I do support Obama on this. I also understand that it's purely an election year political move, but a move that also benefits innocent people, so I'm cool with it.

Now, if I got my world view from hate-radio, Fox propaganda, and bad parenting, I might see things like you do.

Last edited:

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
I think it was the right thing to do, given there was:

1.) no chance of congress and this administration from ever agreeing on anything - hell the issue has been around for years, long before Obama.

2.) the resources and costs for trying to deport illegals is mind-boggling

3.) the targeted 800k represent the group with least fault for their situation.

4.) it is a temporary fix better suited for the country than the alternative.

As far as being politically motivated. So be it.