Unreal tournament 99 remakes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Unreal tournament 99 remakes for UT2004

I have some difficulties to find a true mod that put UT 2k4 to UT 99 :(

I found those mods
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=959899

this is UT revolution Alpha

the only bad thing is most weapons works but it's unifinished

We have a fully functional enforcers and flak cannon
the ASMD and the Eightball are unfinished, we have no ripper and the other weapons uses UT2k4 models in the FPS view or the players hand

the last mirror is the only working mirror

We have Unreal tournament 2 conversion

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=4289

This uses a ripper but it's a Unreal 1 model, and most part of the game is close to UT 2k4 2k3 and Q3

thoses mods are fun ^^ but is there a possibility to find a finished mod or I found the only available

the site of ut revolution sounds to be dead :(

I hope it exists ....

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Have you tried the Nostalgic 2006 mod? All the weapons work even though half of them still use UT2004 meshes, but they try to make those look UT 1-ish. Also replaces the HUD and character voices with UT 1 versions.

Think you can find it on File Front

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
NoNoNo, UTR went FINAL! It's just that you can't find download links for the final version anywhere. I've actually got this final version on a CD somewhere in my house. But I CBF to find the disk and reinstall it.
Having worked on UTR, I think I can say you're full of ****. :p

The beta is all we got out, yeah. Eventually our modellers and animators left, and basically only a few people were doing ALL of the coding, modelling, and skinning work. Then the one who was doing the most (Bersy, our project lead) got sick... and basically work ground to a halt.

The "Final" IronKnuckle is referring to was an unauthorized release from one of the former coders, and it really did nothing except add in support for things like SnakePlissken's ClassicDomination mod, and make the rest of the code a convulted mess. Needless to say, he was disowned for it... and indeed, he might be a good reason why we lost the motivation to work on it anymore.

If there was a team who wanted to continue the work, we'd be glad to hand over whatever we fixed up since the Beta. Hell, we might even resume doing it. But since that's unlikely to happen, this is sadly likely all that you'll get. The very reason you won't find links for it is we asked sites that linked to it to take them down, because it wasn't released by the team, and they complied.

So no, UTR never went final - it had a beta, and it had a leak when one coder wasn't happy with the slow progress due to Bersy's illness and he basically said "**** you all", took the code, and ran.

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
about nostalgic
http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=4780
in http://www.utzone.de I found I think the last version of Nostalgic the 4b

This is the latest version of Nostalgic last made in 2006 if you're interested: http://files.filefront.com/Nostalgic+UT2004/;4789332;/fileinfo.html

As for UTR, there's so much controversy and drama I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole. ;)

I agree about the Unreal 1 conversion, it's worth it just for the weapon mutator alone.

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
Arf ^^, I have some difficulties to find it :D, thanks for the link.

the weap mutie is good, even if I can't see any dispersion pistol upgrade (I did only some matches with this mod ...) , but most weapons seems to work as unreal 1 :)

About UTR there is no mean to leave it to public and give the source code ?
this is one of the most promising UT1 remake ....

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Arf ^^, I have some difficulties to find it :D, thanks for the link.

the weap mutie is good, even if I can't see any dispersion pistol upgrade (I did only some matches with this mod ...) , but most weapons seems to work as unreal 1 :)

About UTR there is no mean to leave it to public and give the source code ?
this is one of the most promising UT1 remake ....
Bersy still may or may not have the code, but I don't think we'd turn it over without a team to work on the project. Especially a good team of artists. Most of the code was done, it just needed the spit and polish.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I have UT2C and I have to say that it's a chaotic bag of very unrelated stuff. The weapons are from absolutely different games, some are remade awfully, the game modes and bot skins are very bad as well. I didn't reinstall it after I reinstalled UT2004 the last time, but I still have the package. If they thoroughly worked on a remake, like UT99, they would of gotten good results, but mixing elements of UT99, U1, U2, Quakes and UT2004 is not the way to go. Like, I play with MapMixer that each time gives you either Unreal II, UT3 or UT2003 weapons, and it works great because they all have their balance and style, which you wouldn't have if you used a mix of those. The maps are good though, they always fit whatever the weapons are as they're unrelated to it. However, UT2C mainly uses Classic Domination 2 maps, and they can be downloaded straight from CDOM2 download page.