INFILTRATION 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Hey Fat, nice to see some of the old players coming around again. I think you would be very pleased with the Crysis engine. Just take a look at the map Mesa. Very large, and buildings are enterable. While there aren't too many buildings, I don't think there would be a problem with a large city type block setting. I think the engine could handle it. Hope you'll come map for Crysis Power Struggle. The same 5 maps over and over are getting kinda old ;). Also Sandbox 2 looks to be pretty easy to use, a lot easier than the UT3 editor.

Hopefully, someone will start modding Crysis to make the new INF soon now that the SDK is out. Just waiting on the Wikki for the exact ingame commands and variables.

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
Few days ago I got Call of Duty 4 MW from my friend, and while I was playing it with a lot of criticism at beginning, after playing it for a couple of hours got very impressed, ok, it is not the most realistic and tactical games around, but in my opinion it is far more better engine for next gen. INF than Crysis or UT3, because it already has a lot of stuff INF3 needs and graphics are awsome, bassicly, they should add in weapon bobing, freeaim, upgrade health system and add in other small things, to make it more like INF, plus larger MP maps.
In my opinion INF3 dont needs drivable vehicles, maby only Humvees or Dingo II, but thats it, still scripted enterance and fastroping from UH-60 is something that I want to see.

Pathfinder

Tangka Productions
Jun 10, 2008
Oakland Berkeley Richmond
i'm back, and a long time its been. finally got a comp that can run 2.9 (should be fine for 3 WHEN it comes too) and glad to see people still playing sometimes!

I am against the idea of having a story or class or whatever format for a new version. I think we should keep things as dynamic as they always have been. This is what makes INF unique. We can personalize the hell out of our loadouts, and the games themselves are always very tactically unique and balanced. "NO BULLSHIP" has always seemed to me to be INF's niche. EAS even was too repetitive. I like the fact that with the good maps and tactical nature of the game, each team in an online game will have 'defensive' and 'offensive' players working well together to get the job done.

In a nutshell, for online play, I prefer the idea of having a uniquely customized character and enjoying the dynamic random spawn DTAS game play. If we can take these good ideas that made INF great and embellish and reinforce them (especially with the ability to make better maps), rather than making it like the other crappy linear games like COD, that would be the way to go, IMO.

thought i had some good ideas but after reading what i wrote it sounds like too many words to say something simple.

hope somebody agrees :D

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
I had this idea some time ago, but because this forum is so much dead didnt posted it: instead of scripted arrival with copters and fastroping it could be interesting if one random player from attackers could place arrival points, but to avoid fastroping directly on target, defenders had ability to shoot those chopers down with RPGs, this kind of future could give players random spawn points + add a bit of atmosphere to gameplay.

Of course this kind of future will make life harder for map creators, because they will need to prevent shooting copter down with all attackers in it from other side of the map.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Crysis' Sandbox 2 editor with its flowgraphs gives you a lot of leeway in making maps and such. Im sure what you are wanting to do would be possible in Crysis. Unfortunately, Crytek has pretty much dumped Crysis now in favor of the new version of Crysis coming out, Warhead. Should be out at the end of the year. People are still working on Crysis mods though, so the community is still active, and current mods are probably going to portable to Warhead as is, or with little modification.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
I seriously don't nearly mind as much about the mapping options as I mind about the ability to make the game realistic in terms of movement, aiming, damage and freedom of loadouts. Inf 2.9 was (obviously), of all games, the closest I've ever seen to what I'm looking fore, which is why I still check these forums on occasion.

Recently I've been looking into something to play after quitting world of warcraft... And decided to give COD4 a roll (damn 7gb download takes a while).

Overall looking at videos and random forum posts and mods made for the game, it looks like all it needs is some value tweaks... It doesn't look like it's missing much to at least get realistic aiming, movement, damage and free loadouts.
It seems all you'll need to do is disable the perks and adjust the values:
Weapon damage: Already have most/all weapons in inf, shouldn't be complicated.
Aiming: Would inf-like aiming be of any difficulty to implement in that game?
Movement: Just rebuilding the bulk system of inf into the game and add stamina etc, and with the inf weapon bobbing circle-strafing shouldn't be an issue.
Reload and overall weapon handling: Again nothing complicated, all that is required is adjusting the times it takes to reload, swap weapons, etc.

Is it really a lot more complicated than what I just said? I'm no coder but to me it looks like mostly a simple change of parameter values to already almost turn COD4 into a good realistic game.

I really wonder why over so many years no modder/company took an inf-like project into their hands... and finally make a game free of bunny-hopping, circle-strafing, killing people after you took a couple bullets and overly-easy aim especially in full-auto (which leads to the non-fun/non-realistic spray-and-pray).

PwettyPony

Sep 4, 2008
Well Im all for the UT3 engine, I donno, Im just a full Unreal fan, and therefore all other games and engines suck(no Im above the age of 12, ty).

Anyhow, what I was wondering about...whos gonna design Inf 3.0?

Didnt the dev team themselves say they wont make another Inf?(Thats at least what I remember from that old news post, saying that Inf on ut2k4 and source is canceled)

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well, Beppo went to work for Blackfoot Studios, and they are working on a realistic shooter for the UT3 engine. Its called Ground Branch, and pretty much will be the unofficial Inf3.

@GalZ - For me the most realistic game I have seen so far is Crysis. Only bad points is I don't like the first person movement ( looks like you just floating ) and it has a ton of cheaters. Hopefully Warhead will improve the security holes. However, it does have the most realistic scope movement I have ever seen. MOA on the weapons needs improvement, as you can't hit anything without a LAM.
The LAM improves your MOA 4x or so. Only then can you hit anything. Just have to wait and see what Obsidian Edge 2 mod for it is going to look like. Would be nice if after it is released some of the inf modders could take a look at it and see what could be improved.

Last edited:

Jazz

Oct 22, 2008
Russia, St. Petersburg
Hi all. Hope this thread is not dead yet.

I think UT3 is better as a new codebase (codebase for whom? :( I want to participate, but I'm familiar only with mapping).

Pros:

• Easier import of INF 2.9 stuff, I suppose
  • Similar codebase
  • Good vehicle support/physics interaction
Yes, speedtree is uglier than Crysis' trees... But that's not a big problem. Take a look at Crysis' physics interaction for vehicles (very very simplified, UT3 got a better vehicle physics) and for other objects (in MP - no interaction at all).

Crysis is somehow good - but only for exteriors. Better to choose Lithtech (F.E.A.R.) than Crysis then.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Hi guys, been a very very long time. I stop by to tell you about some mods i saw on Crysis. Infiltration core gameplay elements are there. We just need a DTAS Gamemode.

Welcome to CryFiltration.
For most of vieos below, You want to turn the music off ;)

Crysis MODS released:
-FreeAim.
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=37702&sid=a736782ba745c0f1cc391ca66e1721ad
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6xl6b_movie0002_videogames

-WeaponSway and HeadBobbing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RoDThxB1IE

-Bullet penetration.
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=34318

-BulletDrop and Ricochet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIigC0uQSKk&feature=player_embedded

-Bodyawareness. (sort of, need some tweaking)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTkb70L5VxE

-NoFuturistic Suit.
http://vimeo.com/1947672

****These mods below are really easy to find. No need to link.
-Slower movements**
-Slower Anims**
-No HUD.**
-No crossHair.**
-Real Damage. **

*Bonus*
-Zombie COOP. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7RROsr6XA

WHAT MORE DO WE WANT? We have the potential at our disposal.

SO? What do you think guys?

**I should have post here at first, no need to create a new thread.**

Last edited by a moderator:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Hi guys, been a very very long time. I stop by to tell you about some mods i saw on Crysis. Infiltration core gameplay elements are there. We just need a DTAS Gamemode.
All your links, save the last two, came out bad.

The "-NoFuturistic Suit." video i just watched... Jesus why do these guys always put the ****tiest, loudest, ****ing rock trash metal ass screaming demons music in their run'n gun e-penis for ****s sake somebody really needs to get laid video's??!??!

It's so negative to me. Ergo the phrase above.

;) Thanks for the links though, please fix them so i can take a peek. Never played Crysis but it looks like another modernwarfare run n gun game judging from that one video i so subtlely described.