Tribes: Ascend

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I'm with Rambojo, I always shoot the flagstand with my Thumper DX before I steal it. But mostly because of the Force Fields or heavies standing by it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Shrike runs FTW. Ever since I got the concept of how it works, a damaged Shrike is a unforgotten Shrike turned into a flag capture.

That's if my "VDF" spam works correctly.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There's this thing I noticed, but I wasn't sure if it was a class-specific temporary bug or anything. I found out it's not.

It works with every classes I tried. Try soldier for instance, shoot the thumper, DO NOT reload, switch weapon, shoot the assault rifle some, RELOAD. Switch back to Thumper, it's reloaded as well.

Found this out when I was shooting Titan missiles with Quick Draw perk switching back to Chaingun. The Titan launcher reloads itself, lol.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
There's this thing I noticed, but I wasn't sure if it was a class-specific temporary bug or anything. I found out it's not.

It works with every classes I tried. Try soldier for instance, shoot the thumper, DO NOT reload, switch weapon, shoot the assault rifle some, RELOAD. Switch back to Thumper, it's reloaded as well.

Found this out when I was shooting Titan missiles with Quick Draw perk switching back to Chaingun. The Titan launcher reloads itself, lol.
As far as I know that's been normal for months
Every weapon gets reloaded if you leave it holstered long enough

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
It's called idle reload. If you don't switch to a weapon for 5 seconds it gets reloaded.
You can do this with plasma + the smg for example on Raider. Shoot a clip of smg, instantly switch to plasma, empty clip, instantly switch back to smg. It's reloaded and you can continue shooting. Switch back to Plasma and that's now reloaded. Keep shooting. It's a bit retarded.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
A bit retarded yeah. Really encourages you not to use Quick Switch. It should increase reload speed too.

Now, excuse me while I trade Quick Switch for Survivalist on my Pathfinder.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
This just happened.

I was roadkilling every enemy flag runners, eventually I left my Shrike to cap the enemy flag that was laying around our base.

I ask people to repair our gen so I can spawn a new one.
This guy shoots at me to get my attention, leaves the shrike like a parked present for me.

I spammed VVT.
What a Good Guy Greg. I was amazed.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
WTF is happening to BU/Games?

Anyways, they've updated the matchmaking, lowest I've seen was 12, first games were just a few hundred golds in the game. Say everyone was level 25/26.

Suddenly everyone was playing and trying, it felt like there was double the amount of players there usually is. Hopefully this results in less 5-0 BSderp.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
WTF is happening to BU/Games?

Anyways, they've updated the matchmaking, lowest I've seen was 12, first games were just a few hundred golds in the game. Say everyone was level 25/26.

Suddenly everyone was playing and trying, it felt like there was double the amount of players there usually is. Hopefully this results in less 5-0 BSderp.

That sounds good. I'm only a level 21 or something. I can't remember.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So far it's good, but the problem is definitively going to be the community size past a specific time. There wasn't much people on tonight.. 1 AM isn't THAT late.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The new matchmaking works really well. Playing at lunch time / early evening my games consisted almost entirely of level 27/28 (and a couple of platinum ranked) players. Playing late at night, they get more mixed as there weren't enough players of similar level to fill the gaps.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Sorry, my email wasn't up to date, so I wasn't getting notifications...

AEnubis
NA East

Still play mostly stupid late at night, but find some evening play sometimes.

Big patch coming that has some interesting stuff in it. Some explosive and impulse buffs, and needed nerfs for a few blatantly OP weapons. Couple things I'm skeptical about, but we'll see.

I recently cleared platinum rank, and have most all the equip. I also play every class, at least 10%.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Yea, was really good, a server full of level 30+ people. Good up to the point where friends couldn't follow me onto it. And then when we switched to another server (also with high ranked players only) that slowly filled up to a certain point but from then on emtied again. So yea, their server joining stuff is still broken... In the end it was just my friends and me left again...