So who's buying Crysis 2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Are you buying Crysis 2? Did you Pirate it?

• Total voters

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I did.

Edit: Can a mod fix the typo in the third option? :p

Also, anyone else, assume there's a "and don't plan on pirating it" after the "I didn't pirate it" options.

If you're not sure yet, wait to answer later.

This poll is only considering for the next 3 to 6 months, if you might buy it in a year or 2, just put not buying or don't answer.

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
"I'm not buying it and I didn't pirate it."

I say this cos i recently bought the first one on sale with it's expansion and got a new GTX 460. once the second part is down to 5-10 euros and i've played through the first one then maybe i'll be happy to pick it up.

lol I'm a few years slow aren't I? :D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
"I'm not buying it and I didn't pirate it."

I say this cos i recently bought the first one on sale with it's expansion and got a new GTX 460. once the second part is down to 5-10 euros and i've played through the first one then maybe i'll be happy to pick it up.

lol I'm a few years slow aren't I? :D

You think? I've just recently finished the demo. But yeah, also installed the Crysis 2 demo so I'll give it a whirl.

:D

sleepyhead said:
Edit: Can a mod fix the typo in the third option? :p

Really? A typo?

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I checked out the leak and played it for 2 minutes, realised it was just some unplayable buggy piece of crap and deleted it. Tried the demo when that eventually came around and decided to not buy it. Not going to support yet another CoD clone.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
From what I have seen, Crysis 2 is an improvement over Crysis. That doesn't mean it is a really great game, but Crysis was bull**** except when you got to play with the environment a bit, that was the only fun aspect of that game. True, I played only bits of it when I was visiting a friend, but that was my thoughts.

Crysis 2 seems much more fun really and you get some proper levels as well, in urban environment.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Why does this thread/poll need a pirating counterpart?

On topic. I'd rather see a single player demo tbh and, in truth, the first Crysis only held me for the first level. Once i got past that it got boring, I finished it but it was dull.

I replayed the first level dozens of times testing the stealth mode and how many guards/encampments i could take down without raising any alarms. Playing with the physics by crashing cars into buildings and stuff. That first level acted as a great sandbox and then everything after that was just linear shooter in my mind.
They even showed the aliens at the end of the first mission... never has a scene in a game felt more premature.
Seeing the boat in ice, in-land, was creepy and interesting at first... untill the alien came out, then it was just... "Oh aliens did it! Let's shoot everything"

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'll probably get to it around the summer, but I have plenty of games right now and not enough time to beat them, so yeah.

~Jason

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
IGN and Gamespot reviews are in and guess what? OH thats right they reviewed the console versions and haven't written up a proper pc review yet. But don't worry they will just copy paste like every other ****ing professional reviewer out there and give it the same score. Seriously pay me what they are getting paid and I will review it CORRECTLY.