UT Tribute Mappack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Flying_Killer, a mapper from the UT Tribute Mappack, sent word that work is progressing very nicely on their pack. Here's a short description of what to expect:

We are currently in making a mappack for Unreal Tournament, with a small group of people at the Unreal Playground. This is our tribute to the Classic version of Unreal Tournament and we surely want everyone to remember it as it was and still is. The Unreal Tournament community is not dead yet, and it wont be like that if it depends on us.

The mappack will most likely be called Unreal Tournament Tribute Mappack and we are progressing at a good tempo. It will contain most of the gametypes. Gametypes that will surely be included are JailBreak, DeathMatch, Assault, Capture The Flag and most likely Domination too. We are aiming at the 30th of May to release it, but if we will be able to make it by then isn't sure.

He also sent along three screenshots of the maps, saying that the most outstanding map is not pictured.

Killastoned

Dec 8, 2003
Sounds good.Im a old Ut assaulter,Would be nice to see AS-overlord,AS-riverbed]|[,AS-Mazon,AS-grandcanyon,AS-Ballistic...
Would be cool to see what it would look like in 2k4,Especialy if it has the same feel.

One more thing I havent heard of any mods for launching,You should consider that, the assault community is known for their hammer/rockets launchers.

Also Rocket Arena was pretty big for the l337 players.Are you guys considering that aswell?

Thanks for all your hard work im sure it will be nice reguardless...
GL and keep us posted on wassup.

Last edited:

Flying_killer

May 24, 2004
Belgium
www.substruction.com
Killastoned said:
Sounds good.Im a old Ut assaulter,Would be nice to see AS-overlord,AS-riverbed]|[,AS-Mazon,AS-grandcanyon,AS-Ballistic...
Would be cool to see what it would look like in 2k4,Especialy if it has the same feel.

One more thing I havent heard of any mods for launching,You should consider that, the assault community is known for their hammer/rockets launchers.

Also Rocket Arena was pretty big for the l337 players.Are you guys considering that aswell?

Thanks for all your hard work im sure it will be nice reguardless...
GL and keep us posted on wassup.

You might be understanding this the wrong way, this is a mappack for the original Unreal Tournament.
Btw I saw my spelling mistake, voor should be for :eek:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Cool.

The Unreal Tournament community is not dead yet, and it wont be like that if it depends on us.

:rockon: yesssss!!!

Some are even surprised when I tell them the nr. of servers I see every day.
Dead game?

"faaaaaaaaaaaaaar from it".

b.t.w.: as-grandcanyon: uhhhh.. what a bad map. Extremily bad map. Horrible.

Killastoned

Dec 8, 2003
heh, Now im sad...
JK kool sounds liek it should be nice .Does that inculde new levels for those mods you mentioned.would be nice to play some new ut99 AS maps.Wish they were for 2k4.I sitll cant wait to check it out:)

S

siKka|ife

Will those maps be PLAYABLE (no more than 250-300 polys in a scene) or it's just another prime example of artsy fatsy mapping? I like seeing new UT maps but it doesnt change anything to what is played online! :(

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
On todays computers you can go up to 400 polys and get good frame rates. 250-300 is just too low for most complex archetecture nowadays.

F

Flying_killer_guest

siKka|ife said:
Will those maps be PLAYABLE (no more than 250-300 polys in a scene) or it's just another prime example of artsy fatsy mapping? I like seeing new UT maps but it doesnt change anything to what is played online! :(

I can asure you they will be playable. The most beautifull map of the pack might have some FPS drops on older computers though.

Killastoned said:
Flyin killer any hopes of porting some of those maps to 2k4?

Now this is what I call a good idea, and I surely will suggest that to the team.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Posted on June 28 on Unreal Playground forums :
Flying_Killer said:
We'll extend the deadline 1 more time, until the 15th of july in the hope all the maps will be complete by then

Last edited: