I'll lock this in a nano second if it get out of hand.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Because Dopey closed his Gay Rights thread while I was typing a few opinions of my own....

Abortion: Against.

You’re killing an innocent human being. If the mother’s life is at risk AND the baby will also die, I support aborting the doomed baby to save the mother. If the pregnancy was due rape, tough luck, that’s life, bad poop happens, deal with it.

Death penalty: Against.

Serves no purpose other than revenge, and revenge is ugly and pointless. It does not prevent murders. Those that will kill rarely, if ever, consider the consequences of their actions. Life in prison, with no Cable/Satellite TV, cold meals, one hour alone in the “Yard” per day, no conjugal visits, no socializing with your fellow inmates, and lots, and lots time to think about what you’ve done is punishment enough, and surprisingly cheaper than frying them.

Prayer in School: Against.

Read the Constitution. Read the federalist papers. Your god(s) belong in your home and your church and your private schools. I don't want my tax money spent on religious indoctrination.

Sex Ed. For.

Some parents barely understand the process themselves. Some parents will never talk with their kids about it due to embarrassment, thoughtlessness, laziness, and religious grounds. It should be an optional class so that those who oppose it do not have it forced upon them. It should teach the biological facts, not morality.

Homosexual Marriage: Who cares.

For the life of me I cannot see how this affects me in the slightest.

Child Tax credits: Against

I don’t care that it cost you more money to raise more kids. If you can’t feed ‘em don’t breed ‘em! Your taxes go down because you have a buttload of your spawn running round, eating up government resources (schools), and my taxes go up to pay for your frigging lack of self control. All tax credits, deductions, exemptions should end at two kids per family.

Gun Control: Against

“Those that sacrifice freedom for security get, nor deserve, either”. Repeal the second appendment and the floor will fall out from under the entire Bill Of Rights. What’s next, Freedom of the Press?

Discuss...

Last edited:

LHABulldog6

Fall for that.
Feb 10, 2002
forums.beyondunreal.com

If you couldnt afford a condom, what makes you think you can support a child? Its your bad judgement, and its a human life.

I agree Liz, and I just dont have much to say on the matter.

I'm an agnostic, so of course I oppose this. There's nothing worse than being the only non-caothlic at a funeral, you spend the whole time pulling other peoples beliefs out of your trachea, so I dont want to put up with it every day in school. And there's the whole federalist papers thing.

Sex Ed. Indifferent.

It was nothing more than a classs to giggle about in fifth grade, at least in my experience.

Homosexual Marriage: Indifferent.

As I said before, gay people just dont bother me because, well, why should they? They do our thing, I do mine. Anyway, I'm not good looking enough to get hit on by either gender.

This kind of goes hand in hand with my views on abortion. If you cant afford to pay for another child, simply dont have one, or any more.

Gun Control: Indifferent

I should probably be a little more up to date on my politics, I just dont care much about it.

As you may have noticed, lots of these are just re-worded restatements, but hey, great minds think alike ;)

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
How anyone can be against abortion is beyond me. You are not killing anything. When someone has an abortion the baby isn't even close to being developed. It has no mind, it doesn't think, it has no personality or brain power at all. It is a mindless object that has no life at all until those many weeks into growth. You are killing something that doesn't even exist.

Death penalty - While it is kind of sick the people do deserve it. You do realize that our taxes pay for these sick sadistic f*cks to keep them in jail. They murdered countless people and are pure evil. Their lives are over anyway once they're in jail for the rest of their life, so why pay for these sickos.

Prayer in school - I really don't care

Sex ed - Don't care. Like bulldog said, at such a young age, the kids don't even take it seriously.

Homosexual Marriage - Let them marry fine. But don't let them have kids. Kids are brought into this world by females and it's the natural way of life. I would be a damn depressed individual had I not sucked on my mamas teets as a baby. All babies deserve to suck on breasts. It's the healthiest form of food for them at that age. As the kids grow up they will definitely be made fun of by all the other kids. Their lives are bound to be depressed and they will grow up probably ashamed. For fecks sake, if you are gay and planning to be married, adopt a f*cking dog.

Child tax credits - I have no idea what this is so no comment.

Gun control - There should be a limit on what you can buy. Handguns are enough for protection, you shouldn't need to buy AK47's which can easily lead to huge shootouts and many people dead.

That is all.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Originally by LizardofOz
You’re killing an innocent human being. If the mother’s life is at risk AND the baby will also die, I support aborting the doomed baby to save the mother. If the pregnancy was due rape, tough luck, that’s life, bad poop happens, deal with it.

I disaggree with the last part. If a woman gets pregnant due to rape she should have the right to an abortion if she does not want the child.

I can't begin to imagine the mental anguish of being raped. Add pregnancy to that. That's 9 months of mental torture for the woman if she is forced to carry because "bad poop happens".

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Abortion: For

Even if it is a Human being it isnt developed yet, its nothing and has no purpose and wont have a purpose until its atleast 21 years old, so I dont see why it matters that the fetus is killed before its even born. This should be especially needed if a woman is raped. No woman should be forced to have to have a child, and adoption isnt going to help either, and usually doesnt. and boy liz I gotta admit, your comment about "bad poop happens" rubbed my the wrong way and I had to take a lot of restraint from not blowing up and yelling how wrong and sick that comment was. :p No offense, but im positive a woman would just slap you in the face if you told her that. Pregnancy is a very emotional thing that a woman has to go through.

The Rappist is getting off easy compared to the woman who would be forced to have the child. and dont forget rape effects more then just the victim, it effects the family members too of that victim, and the victim is emotinally screwed up for the rest of her/his life.

Same reasons as Liz

Keep it in the home please, again, the same reasons as Liz.

Sex Ed. For.

Its pathetic that we need this, but too many parents out their are dumber then their own kids.

Last edited:

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
Abortion: For.

A foetus doesn't seem to fit the criteria for a "human being", esp. during the stages where abortions are most frequently performed. And if it's from a rape, hell yes you have the right to get it aborted.

Same reasons as Liz. However, looking at the problem from an economical situation, a Sensory Deprivation Tank or perhaps even something similar to A Clockwork Orange could possibly cut down jail time (money spent on the people) as long as they are "positively traumatized".

Same reasons as Liz. BTW, speaking of, does the government give grants or what not to religious organizations?

Sex Ed. For.

Same reasons as Liz.

Homosexual Marriage: For

If Tom can marry Jenny, I don't see why Mark can't marry David. Human beings have evolved past the stage where increasing the population as much as possible is needed.

Same reasons as Liz.

Guns: Against (wasn't sure what For/Against would mean for "Gun Control" :eek:)

There's a reason why the USA has such a high murder rate. You should be subject to regular tests, and personality assesments during the period of your gun ownership.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Lizard Of Oz said:

That's the one statement I disagree the most with. I don't believe that the fetus can be compared to a creature that it's actually conscious. Furthermore, I think that your last line is just ignorant. Rape isn't something you can brush off as 'bad poop' within a few days and I can understand when women don't want to be reminded of what happened by a kid for their entire life.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
www.nsa.gov
Twisted Metal said:
Death penalty - While it is kind of sick the people do deserve it. You do
realize that our taxes pay for these sick sadistic f*cks to keep them in jail.
They murdered countless people and are pure evil. Their lives are over anyway
once they're in jail for the rest of their life, so why pay for these sickos...

It's cheaper to keep a person in prison for life than it is to kill them because
of the nearly endless repeal processes, and the associated legal fees.

Also, what if the conviction proves to be wrong? You can't undo an execution.

tool said:
...Even if it is a Human being it isnt developed yet, its nothing and has no purpose and
wont have a purpose until its atleast 21 years old, so I dont see why it matters that
the fetus is killed before its even born. .

So, if an 18 year old proves to be a worthless loser, it's okay to kill him?

Twisted Metal said:
How anyone can be against abortion is beyond me. You are not
killing anything. When someone has an abortion the baby isn't even close to being
developed. It has no mind, it doesn't think, it has no personality or brain power
at all. It is a mindless object that has no life at all until those many weeks into
growth. You are killing something that doesn't even exist.

tool said:
...Even if it is a Human being it isnt developed yet...

If you asked 100 biologist to the determine the moment when a fetus becomes a sentient
human being, you will probably get 100 different answers.

Let's ponder that question a bit.

When does that little knot a human cells become a sentient human?

Is it when the baby passes through the birth canal? What is it about the birth canal
that imparts consciousness into our little friend? Nothing, so it must happen sometime
before birth, but when…when? If you can answer that question and provide undeniable
evidence to support your answer, I will say abortion could be allowed before that moment.

Cunubelin said:
I disaggree with the last part. If a woman gets pregnant due to rape
she should have the right to an abortion if she does not want the child.

What about the rights of the Child?

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I don't consider a fetus a child, especially not in the early months [And aren't there laws that abortions are only allowed up to a specific month? I know there are laws like that in Germany.].

Slightly off-topic, but what also bothers me a lot is human arrogance. There are endless discussions whether aborting fetuses is acceptable, yet at the same time we breed and kill millions of animals under awful circumstances just for food. Apparently some animals are more equal than others.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
So, if an 18 year old proves to be a worthless loser, it's okay to kill him?

ignore that, it so came out wrong and I didnt mean to say it like I did. sorry.

A baby cant think or have an opinion of its own though. And until its born it isnt concious. This is why its ok to kill it before its born.

It's cheaper to keep a person in prison for life than it is to kill them because
of the nearly endless repeal processes, and the associated legal fees.

I'm not disagreeing with you here but... where did you find that? I have searched google and a few news sites and cant find where it gives some actual numbers. i'm just curious is all.

Slightly off-topic, but what also bothers me a lot is human arrogance. There are endless discussions whether aborting fetuses is acceptable, yet at the same time we breed and kill millions of animals under awful circumstances just for food. Apparently some animals are more equal than others.

I think comparing animals and humans is like comparing apples and oranges. You really cant compare the two. Humans have used animals as a source of food for thousands upon thousands of years, just like animals have used other animals for sources of food. Its part of who we are, just like anyother meat eating animal on Earth.

Last edited:

Mychaeel

Lizard Of Oz said:

You can't undo 20 years in prison either. (However, you can try to compensate for them by some other means.)

For the record: I'm firmly against death penalty. If murder is considered immoral, that's no different if people make a law that allows it in certain cases; two wrongs don't make a right. And any discussion about whether it's more economically advantageous to kill a prisoner or to keep him or her alive is plain disgraceful for any civilized society.

When does that little knot a human cells become a sentient human?

Is it when the baby passes through the birth canal? What is it about the birth canal that imparts consciousness into our little friend? Nothing, so it must happen sometime
before birth, but when…when?

Obviously that's a question nobody can answer. Actually, it should be a case-by-case decision, but the point of having laws is to avoid individual arbitrariness. I frankly don't think that a newborn child possesses any more self-consciousness than a foetus.

Any definition of when exactly abortion becomes murder is bound to be arbitrary. Even though most people would agree that there's a fundamental difference between a two-day foetus and a full-grown human being, there's obviously a long-term transition between the two.

What about the rights of the mother? Obviously you can't argue with the child's rights without granting equal rights to the mother, and you also can't just shrug them away by claiming that the mother has forfeited her rights by getting pregnant.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
www.nsa.gov
tool said:
...A baby cant think or have an opinion of its own though. And until its born it isnt concious. This is why its ok to kill it before its born....

I don't think I'll take your word for it Dr. Tool. ;)

tool said:
...I'm not disagreeing with you here but... where did you find that? I have searched google and a few news sites and cant find where it gives some actual numbers. i'm just curious is all

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/cost.html

Status
Not open for further replies.