Problem with the AFA server!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Ok, i haven't noticed this happening anywhere else but AFA, and when it happened again last night, it cost me a clan practice match.

Sometimes when i try to get on AFA, on certain maps, it gets on, like for a second i can see the map, im on for a second and then i get kicked and it says "NWorld Mismatch"!

wtf is that?

Please help, ive only noticed this happening on your server!

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
At this time, I have no idea what you mean. I have not experienced, nor has anyone in my crew experienced it. If anyone else has this same problem, please post here.

My gut instinct is, the problem may be on your end, mate. Sounds like some file may have been jacked up. But, I ain't no expert. Smurt lik rok!

anonymous_coward

Jan 18, 2002
games.planetorange.com
in your Infiltration\Textures directory you have a file called
NWorld.utx

quit infiltration, move it to another directory outside your Infiltration tree to be safe, and reconnect to ARA. If you don't get the download, it's that the map currently on ther server doesn't use the texture file. Wait till you get one that does :)
If ARA have AllowDowloads=True in their servers ini file, then you'll be sent the missing file.
If you are lucky, then you'll have enough time to download the file before the map changes, as downloads are reset at every map cycle.
best to go on ARA when noone is there and switch to the map in question yourself, should give you plenty of time.
If ARA server has AllowDowloads=False, ask them to send it to you.
If you know how to do a checksum on a file, do one on NWorld.utx, and compare with other peoples.
The nightmare is when people have different files named the same thing on different servers, you will have to descide which to keep.
if all fails replace the NWorld.utx file where it was and send it me to have a look at.

my md5 checksum for NWorld.utx on the community map server is

5b521a22a4f39973dc3f1311f69fd4eb

anon

Originally posted by anonymous_coward
in your Infiltration\Textures directory you have a file called
NWorld.utx

quit infiltration, move it to another directory outside your Infiltration tree to be safe, and reconnect to ARA. If you don't get the download, it's that the map currently on ther server doesn't use the texture file. Wait till you get one that does :)
If ARA have AllowDowloads=True in their servers ini file, then you'll be sent the missing file.
If you are lucky, then you'll have enough time to download the file before the map changes, as downloads are reset at every map cycle.
best to go on ARA when noone is there and switch to the map in question yourself, should give you plenty of time.
If ARA server has AllowDowloads=False, ask them to send it to you.
If you know how to do a checksum on a file, do one on NWorld.utx, and compare with other peoples.
The nightmare is when people have different files named the same thing on different servers, you will have to descide which to keep.
if all fails replace the NWorld.utx file where it was and send it me to have a look at.

my md5 checksum for NWorld.utx on the community map server is

5b521a22a4f39973dc3f1311f69fd4eb

anon

I will try and see if it works.