Vehicle mod for UT?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlphaOne

Unreal coder
Nov 5, 2001
Canada
Visit site
What about hovercrafts?
I know that NoeCairo has those, but I'm not going to download 40MB just for a hovercraft.
I tried HeavyMetal. However it is full of very annoying bugs, and is not realistic at all.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Sorry alphaone, there is no vehicle mod for UT as you describe it.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
the guys over at Infiltration wanted to add vehicles, but problem is... the maps are too damm small for them to be of any use, unless they are the sole objective of the mod:(

[U2]-SUlfUR-CyCLoNe

The one, the only, RoboCock!..er, nm
Nov 29, 2001
Modesto, CA, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I think a vehicle mod would be cool, but I don't really see how it would work.

In UT, the maps and the gameplay of the game don't really allow for vehicles, and even if a mod could use vehicles the maps would have to be really big and tailored specifically for use with the vehicles. One really good example of this is AirfightUT, I haven't actually gotten to sit down and play through much of it, but from what I understand the maps are gigantic compared to regular maps because of the gameplay that AirfightUT offers. The problem with extremely large maps in UT is that the engine isn't really made to handle the expansive environments we're talking about. i mean, sure the levels in Unreal were huge, but those weren't exactly the same thing. Maybe Unreal 2 will be different with their new terrain engine, actually, now that I think about it, Unreal 2 will probably be very good for Vehicle mods because of the terrain engine. i can't wait :).

That's my 2 cents.

-SUlfUR

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
you heard that..... where?

I seriously doubt it cause we'd likely have run across it. The closest there is to vehicles is Dig: The Race, Neo Cairo, Strangelove and Airfight UT. There's also the unfinished (and unreleased, but I got it hehe.... helps to know people ;)) Titanium Wars code that was supposed to be a mech mod but the team split up and most of them went on to Neo Cairo.

U4E was supposed to have tanks but Holger Huck didn't like the way it turned out so he (very unfortunately) scrapped the whole tank idea.