i want to pile up the dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DIGITRON

a few digits shy
May 3, 2000
IOWA
Visit site
im wondering if it is possible to have a kill zone at the bottom of my map and accumulate the dead bodies so whenever you go there(die) during the game the bodie count would hopefully be growing.

is this possible or will it take up too much resources?

sort of a newbie...at editing anyway.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

next question

if the above is not possible then

can bodies be timed to appear throughout the game?

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
I don't know about the first question, but I do know how to make carcasses appear over time. (You might already know this, but just to cover my bases, carcasses are listed as a type of Decoration.) I am assuming that this is for a singleplayer map and that these are monster's carcasses you're talking about (if not, then there are only a few differences).

What you need to use are Thing Factories. You will also need to place SpawnPoints at each place where you want the carcasses to appear (just remember that SpawnPoints are a type of Navigation Point, so choose their locations carefully). When you want the bodies to appear, you will need to use scriped events, like the player touching a certain Trigger actor, or some other event triggering the Thing Factory.

Finally, if you need a Thing Factory to create a carcass with some other traits (different size, different fatness, different skin, etc.), you will actually need to create a new class under the similar one and then change the default variables to suit your needs. Most of the cosmetic changes I mentioned can be made in the Display tab of the properties.

Well, it was a little long, but I hope my post helps you out!

Apart

Jan 28, 2001
England, Kent
planetunreal.com
Ok firstly their may be a slow down on slower computers but anyway heres the answer :
Open the advanced properties in your ZoneInfo and then Expand ZoneInfo.... KillZone should be set to true but you know that anyway. Scroll down till you find maxcarcasses and change this to the maximum ammount of dead bodies you wish to have in your killzone. Let the bodies pile up :)

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
If you go to level properties (F6) or the properties of any zone and open up "zone info," you can change the number under "max carcasses." However, this is definitely going to eat up framerates if the number gets too high, but I'd play around with it and see what you can get away with... :)

[Edit]Geez, I must be a slow ass typer, everybody beat me to it.[/Edit]

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
DAMN WE'RE HELPFUL! Practically falling over eachother to help this guy out. Hey Apart, TechnoArcher, is there some kind of cash prize for most editing questions answered that I'm not aware of? 'Cuz I want me some of that action if there is...;)

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Thanks Apart, I've just got lighting and botpathing left to do...but I've spent the last week screwing around, learning HTML. Should be done soon. BTW, I'm a big fan of DM-Manhunt, sweet work...:D

Techno JF

Thanks for the kind words about my inclination to try to help on this forum, guys.

BTW, my first map (a singleplayer map for UT, if I hadn't already mentioned) is going okay, but at a glacial rate while I help Hellscrag with his site. I've been so busy that I can't remember the last time I played CTF or DOM!

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
I hear that...it's like a little vacation whenever I actually sit down and play some UT. It's a blast to play UT, and god knows I don't get to play enough (who does?), but it's even more fun to play on a level you created, hence...the editing. :)

And who's Hellscrag? What's up with his site? Do we get a sneak peek of your upcoming map or what? And who killed Colonel Mustard in the study with the candlestick?

Techno JF

Oh, sorry. Hellscrag really frequents the Unreal 1 forum more than any other. He and a few others, including myself, are working to set up a site devoted entirely to single player and co-op gaming for Unreal, Return to Na Pali, and UT. The site is still under construction as there is a lot of its content that hasn't been fully created. If you want to check out some of Hellscrag's work, try a single player map pack for UT called "Tashara's Cove." It got a 7 at Nali City!

As for my (first) project, I'm working on my own to build not just a single player map, but a full set of maps. However, I'm making plans for the main three maps of the set to be released individually first. I'm actually working on one of the later maps first, and I'm going to call it "Nethya's Vision." I'll definitely post info on it once it's closer to completion. For the moment, I'll say that it will look like the Temple of Vandora, but it will play in a way similar to Kalladrad Halls (the map from Legacy).

Answer to last question: Mrs. Peacock, and she really did it in the Conservatory with the Wrench. :p