UE2 - UT2kX Disabling team colors in UT2004. Can be done?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sebas1111

Jan 18, 2009
Hi all, I have this cuestion because I don´t really like a lot the color configuration on the models when team playing. Since this can´t be modified in the settings menu, I guess that somewhere will be some .cfg o whatever kind of file that I can modify, some codes I can change to make the game load the normal-painted models for team-play-games instead of the blue and red models.

And please, be nice if my english ins´t that good. I just don´t speak it well but do my best.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Yes it can be done, but it is very 'messy' and may require redoing a lot of artwork and code. The CTF4 team (I think) was able to add additional teams/colors but I think they ended up having to redo a lot of art work.

Most (if not all) of the player model team skins colors are baked into the textures, there are no configuration setting to change that. Also, the GUI color scheme is hard coded (to some extent) into numerous classes and game objects and is not easily modifiable without subclassing/rewriting lots of code and/or default properties (HUDs for each gametype for instance). Through uscript/game mods you could turn off the use of team skins for player models. You would probably have to turn bNoTeamSkins to true in the GameReplicationInfo class, though it might not replicate well to clients (only replicated initially I believe). That variable is used in the SpeciesType class function SetTeamSkin to determine whether or not to assign a the colored team skin to a player model.

Last edited:

sebas1111

Jan 18, 2009
Yes it can be done, but it is very 'messy' and may require redoing a lot of artwork and code. The CTF4 team (I think) was able to add additional teams/colors but I think they ended up having to redo a lot of art work.

Most (if not all) of the player model team skins colors are baked into the textures, there are no configuration setting to change that. Also, the GUI color scheme is hard coded (to some extent) into numerous classes and game objects and is not easily modifiable without subclassing/rewriting lots of code and/or default properties (HUDs for each gametype for instance). Through uscript/game mods you could turn off the use of team skins for player models. You would probably have to turn bNoTeamSkins to true in the GameReplicationInfo class, though it might not replicate well to clients (only replicated initially I believe). That variable is used in the SpeciesType class function SetTeamSkin to determine whether or not to assign a the colored team skin to a player model.

Well, thanks for the answer, I appreciate it, but I didn´t understand a thing :eek: