hey i got a question.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackDeath15

Aug 30, 2000
i downloaded the beta map at real maps called "platoon" and it says im missing a texture or maybe a sound file, can anyone help me?

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
A UZ file is a compressed unreal file. It's used to make in-game downloads of files faster. I don't remember how you extract it exactly but I'm sure somewhere there is a tutorial about it.

The file comes from the map Peru though. This is if I'm not mistaked part of the 2.8 map pack. Regardless of where it comes from it's on rotation on most of the servers because it's one of the best maps out there as far as gameplay is concerned. Your better off just getting the whole map.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
No no it's a file compressed by Unreal Tournament itself. There is no need for any external programs the game can extract it. I don't remember how to do it though so you'd have to check the help files.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Rather then going through all the hassle, I can just send you the files with out the map: one is a texture, and the other is a U file. both are just a little over 600k size

Thanks SoSilencer, I diden’t know.
I guess those UZ files are a special compression for servers. There is a dos command that you do while in the Tournament directory, to compress, but not sure how to uncompress, so for get that.

Just let me know, I’m on a cable, so its no big deal.