A mutator to remove super shock rifles from map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
I'm not a programmer or anything (I can't write my own lines of code, but hope to learn soon), but I been messing around with the No Redeemer mutator code and this mutator should remove the super shock rifle from the maps the same way the No Redeemer mutator works.

I was in a hurry when I posted this so let my know of the file does not work and again, I can't write my own lines of code, so I'm not a programmer. I know this is not a "Jailbreak" mutator and can be used for any gamemode and should maybe be in the main fourms. I put it here because of how the super shock rifle can mess up good maps and without having to go and change the maps.

Attachments

• InstaGibRemover.ZIP
    997 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I can only think of JB-Antipody, which has got two Instagibs laying around somewhere, but I can't actually agree with you this messes up the map. Are there any other JB-maps with Instagibs?
:cool:

Swift Viper

Actually, that might be the only map that has it ;) . This was just a small little mutator due to reasons above. If you saw the date, I actually had it for awhile. Not that the Super Shock Rifle was a problem or anything, it just did not seem to fit in with normal weapons.

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
JB-Coloraido-III has the SuperShock too ... but I disagree that the SuperShock messes up those maps. Actually I think those maps get voted because sometimes people are looking for some SuperShock madness to have a bit of variety. Whats next ? Get rid of the Flak or the RL ? ... but anyways, thanks for the mutator Swift_Viper. :)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Sexmachine said:
Whats next ? Get rid of the Flak or the RL ?
Make one for the normal Shockrifle please, to save me from RevBilly and Borenson.
Make one for the FlakCannon please, to save me from Bathory.
Make one for the MiniGun please, to save me from Boost.
Make one for all weapons please, to save me from TrueBlood.

This would make my life a lot easier ... :D :D :D

Last edited:

Swift Viper

I don't find anything wrong with the Flak or RL as their normal weapons, just that the super shock rifle was on a level of it's own, but I guess not many people find a problem with it ;) . What you said CoolDude is funny, get rid of the weapons that people own the most with. TureBlood does own with all weapons (even Impact Hammer) :D , but he would just own us with his fists then of we took his weapons away :lol: . Anyway:

[RobotVoice]Next[/RobotVoice]

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Make one for the normal Shockrifle please, to save me from RevBilly and Borenson.
What about just getting rid of Shock combo....thats the only thing need tweeking....if you lot think its needed, maybe turn down its power. Great for spaming into switch rooms and getting around corners but running like a cat with fire-crackers up its ass you got no hope :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Nowt wrong with the combo. If you can't handle it,tough ;)

btw I'm more of a minigunner now. In fact, i like all the weapons apart from the flak.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
I like it that Rev doesn't combo as much anymore :D

The super shocks in Antipody are there as an "inscentive" to go and release your team (not that releasing your mates in not "inscentive" enough), and it's quite risky to get them because you have to wait for the release... thing... to rise, grab the super shock and get out coz if u get stuck in it, bye bye! I found it good tactics for people with *cough* 490 ping or so, to go to the enemy base, release, grab the super shock, then go back to your base and defend - you can hear the sound (and see that invis effect) as they come through the warp-teleports then WHAM! and they don't know what hit them! (I was planning on keeping it that way for the remake, actually).

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
also i always thought the regular shock fire should kill in one or two hits anyway. no one uses the shock for anything but combos most of the time, so a powered up shock primary is appealing without being too lame because its easier to hit people with spam weapons than the super shock.

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
:lol: The mini gun is starting to grow on me aswell.
Have you ever noticed when a bot has a mini gun, it take 'It' afew seconds to mow you down? bots like Loque or Tamerlane !!! grrrrrr :mad:
The instagib is fine with me...but i just needs to be hard to get to. Ducking under the switch is ok, its funny to see someone get trapped in there
devil-smiley-086.gif
But its a shame it doesnt run out of ammo.

Swift Viper

SirTahngarth said:
also i always thought the regular shock fire should kill in one or two hits anyway. no one uses the shock for anything but combos most of the time, so a powered up shock primary is appealing without being too lame because its easier to hit people with spam weapons than the super shock.
Actually, the Shock Rifle's normal attacks can kill in two hits, normal fire does 40 damage (60 on hardcore) and the ball does a little bit more damage (don't know exact damage). The two weapons that I'm not really that good at are Pulse Gun and Ripper. A lot of people that pull of combos stand still anyway and if you can aim quickly (something I need to work on), you could take their head off with the Sniper Rifle :sniper: ;) . If you really good, you could combo someone's shock ball right in their face! I will have to train on doing that with bots later, I did it to learn how to pull off standing combos. The Super Shock Rifle is slower then normal Shock Rifle :instagib: and you got to have good aimming skills, but I guess the one reason why it feels overpowered is because it never runs out of ammo. Offline one time, a bot with a Minigun with maxed out skills and Inhuman level killed me with the Minigun in less then a second :minigun: .

Edit: I just saw the above post and I don't get exactly what you mean. I only saw one flame post in this thread unless the others were deleted and to me it only sounds like we are talking about the weapons, not flamming about the weapons. Are you trying to say that you don't like the people (trolls) that mess up that game or something? Don't those people just get banned? I must have not play long enough on the server to run into anyway. All the people that posted here, when I played with them in the game they don't mess up the game. But how come some people think I'm whining about the normal weapons just because I saw the Super Shock Rifle as a problem at first when not it is not now :confused: and threw Flak and RL into the mix?

Last edited:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
I believe the posts have already been deleted/edited, which is what SM meant, and having read them it seems perfectly reasonable since several of them didn't even contribute to the discussion at all, not even to flame about the weapons.

]yS[concrete

Mar 18, 2003
Houston
www.hard2kill.sifizm.com
well actually from playing insta JB i know that Coloraido is TERRIBLE because of the super shock rifle...

see the thing is, when u play instagib on a map with the ESR in the map (ctf, jb, any gametype) the rifle still shows up as a weapons pickup... and on Coloraido the bot pathing is such that on insta (idunno about weaps) the bots get stuck on those things EVERY TIME, and it really gets lame sometimes when 1 bot is runnin in circles and another is stuck endlessly running in place on an ESR sittin on the ground...