Flame Thrower, and other pyro-weapons wanted.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tronic

Well, the subject says it. Is it so that no-one has thought about these weapons; there was nothing in roadmap, or in older messages (or at least I was unable to find anything) ..

Other pyro-weapons that might be nice are molotov coctails and napalm ...

I understand why not many games have had any pyro-weapons; it's really hard to make fire look good on monitor.

You were able to create Infiltration, so I trust that you might be able to make it work and even look good.

Notes for flame thrower (and some for others too):
-It should ignite anything it hits; if you get hit with it, you have to find water fast, or die burning... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
-Fire should hit walls and bend ...
-Just like most other weapons, it should not work underwater..

Snipa

Dec 4, 1999
Canada
snipagr.8m.com
The problem with creating pyro weapons and such is just like you said, it s really hard to make it look good. As you see in most any game Fire does not look real in most cases. And it would take a long time to get it to work.

ca.gif
Snipa
Day of Defeat Beta Tester
http://www.dayofdefeat.net/

RAzOR

Jan 27, 2000
Visit site
Flames not looking good

I agree with that, there was a flamethrower in SoF but it NOT look very good.
The flamethrower in AvP, on the other hand, IMHO looked good, but maybe not very realistic.

RazoR /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If it gibs, we can frag it.

AL][EN

Jul 2, 2000
The flamethrowers making a comeback...kinda. Use it for room clearing and crap like that. Anyway, that'd make the game really unbalanced, and fire lags like hell. (ever played TFC, try shoot the flamer with that netcode...CHUG CHUG CHUG)

GAME OVER MAN............GAME OVER!

Dr.Frag

Jun 20, 2000
Please... No flamethrowers.

Flamethrowers are no longer used by the military so don't put it in Inf.
But if you really want a flamethrower, wait for Return to Wolfenstein. Saw it at E3 and their flamethrower was sweet. Plus it fits better with the WW2 theme.

Christopher Webb

Overtly Serious Chappy.
There's no real point to flame-throwers with todays modern munitions. Want to clear out a room? Throw in a grenade or a detpack. Bunker giving you trouble? Send in the air force or use a rocket launcher. Go around. Use gunships. Anything other than carrying around a tank full of napalm on your back.

Two mentions of the "game that shall not be named" within two days? I smell a rat (or a fox).

But in the meantime...

Whips out syringe, but after an all to brief struggle with ShakKen....

"NO...he got away!!!"

*fox later reported a break-in at a CD production plant*

<insert cute/ interesting/ bizarre signature here>