JBAddonSharedJail

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
JBAddonSharedJail [BETA]

JBAddonSharedJail, an addon that support shared jails in a better way. You can now fight your enemies with other weapons than the shieldgun :D

Download has been attached, screenies as well.

Features:
  • Use custom weapons to jailfight. People who dont want to jailfight, can select the Peace Sign (needs to be made yet, now it's just a dummy weapon)
    • Whether you want to use a predefined weapon or a random one.
    • If you want it to be a random weapon, how often the computer should update it
  • SharedJail-specific NoJailKill, in case people make shared jails with windows, and the admin doesnt want to enable NoJailKill for normal jails.

Not yet featured:
  • Option to split the shared jails with static meshes (might be useful in official matches)
  • SharedJail-specific BigHead. Bad in jailfighting? Then your head will shrink to the size of a pea :D
Dont have much more to say than just...TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!! At the moment, the addon will always be loaded, even though the jails are seperate.

Suggestions are welcome, even if it's just for the phrasing. :)

Jrubzjeknf

Attachments

• JBAddonSharedJail.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 22
  • BioKill.jpg
    BioKill.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 23
  • FlakKill.jpg
    FlakKill.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 20
  • RocketKill.jpg
    RocketKill.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Gui.jpg
    Gui.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
tarquin said:
Looks interesting...

How many maps have been made with shared jails? And how did they sort out the problem of releasing only one team?

The only problem I've Head ever heard about, is the problem with releasing any team at all. This was caused by my TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume he placed over the jaildoors. Since volumes zone as well, the jaildoors then were in a seperate zone than the jail, thus the JBInfoJail couldn't find the jaildoor. It was fxed by simply moving the TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume.

Sidenote: will release the modified PshysicsVolume soon, atm I'm implementing a team specific localized message when someone steps into the volume. Naturally, this can be used in all teamgames :)

Ontopic: can someone take a look at the code of my addon, I've wrote stuff like:
Code:
Function thisFunction(Pawn P)
{
   If ( P != None )
   {
      -all the code of the function-
   }
}
Dont know for sure what I have to insert to make it better, just used this, because I know that works for sure :)