Single parents, I salute you

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wang

Wibble
Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
After a warm welcome I didn't post in Off Topic again (tend to stick to the coding forum) as I don't often have much to say, but this topic I have to.
For the first time in my sons 19 month life he has been without his mum for 6 days (off to some conference). I have had to look after him for this time.
I am truly knackered.
He isn't the kind of baby that sits down and plays with his toys, he would much rather climb/run/play with everything else. On my own even going to the loo takes on a new meaning.
"No, don't try and grab the wee wee. Stop climbing into the bath. Don't tip the shampoo onto the floor........"
One particular incident was when I was cooking his dinner. I saw him about to leap off the arm of the sofa. After vaulting the safety gate (keeps him out of the kitchen), I rescued him in time, only to turn and see the food burning. The sprint back was less successful smashing my knee on the safety gate and sprawling on the kitchen floor. Still he found it most amusing.
So the title says it all.
Thank god my wife is coming back on Tuesday.

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
I can't imagine how difficult it would be to raise a child alone. I'm glad to see that you're an attentive parent. I hear too many stories of parents forgetting that their children even exist (leaving them trapped in cars in the summer).

It's a huge responsibility, especially when you have to handle it alone.

Wang

Wibble
Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
Cheers.

Having read a thread just below this one about whether or not to have children, I would just like to add that despite the work/worry/responsibility I love my boy more than anything can describe. Only a parent can understand.

T

Terminal {DTH}

commendable and admerable wang. i dont envy you.

im glad My son isnt/wasnt that way. even when he was only two years old he was a pleaseur to take care of. i was able to sit here on my computer with him playing on the floor nearby. all i had to do was glance over every now and then to make sure he was ok. :)

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
a single parent wouuld be soo much hard work , how u guys find the energy to get up in the middle of the night and get it to sleep again, and to feed it and stuff?