Grenade! RUN!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnrealAzn

Apr 28, 2000
Fresh Meadows,NY, USA
Visit site
I was playing INF on a normal day.. on extremeprojudice... I was kind of getting bored and decided to waste all my ammo..

after I was finished with the ammo I was on to the M67 Frags... I pulled the pin off one of those darlings and then a message on the console poped up...
"Grenade Fuse Lit!"

I am like what the... Oh ****! then I threw the grenade but I was too late... the sharpnel had enough reach to end my life...

Did any one in here ever had that before while playing INF?
that was a cool idea... there should be more of those accidents... but I think the odds now are like 1/500 grenade throws... :p

No one lives forever...

billlee

Jan 21, 2001
Another 'thumbs up' for the INF design team!

The grenade behavior is meant to be like that - thanks to the great work of the INF mod team.

Grenades have two firing modes, Normal and Alternate:
Normal - activated by pressing down the Fire button. The pin on the grenade is pulled, but the spoon (i.e. safety lever) is held down against the body of the grenade. When the grenade is released by releasing the fire button, the spoon flies off and the freed striker is allowed to initiate a 3.0 second fuse delay. After this delay, the grenade goes off. The longer you hold the Fire button down, the further the grenade will be thrown.

Alternate - activated by the pressing the alternate fire button. The pin on the grenade is pulled, and the spoon (i.e. safety lever) is allowed to fly off the grenade while the grenade is still held in the hand. The initiating striker striker starts burning a 3.0 second fuse delay. After this delay, the grenade goes off, whether you have thrown the grenade or not. Before this time, you should let the Alternate fire button up, which will throw the live grenade in the direction you are viewing.

Minor grenade issues:
- Grenades are still too bouncy, and act like rubber balls.
- Time delay on grenade fuses seems short. See Grenade Delay Testing

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Yeah those grenades have some serious bouncing issues. I'm not sure if it would be hard to code, but why not have them roll a bit. Instead of them just bouncing a couple of times then sticking to the ground, they can continue to roll until the detonate. And perhaps they could let the fire mode switch button change between letting you just roll it instead of throwing it and the normal throw. That would give you a lot more control over them.

shot.jpg

Neglous8

Nov 30, 2000
Rolling.

Could have it, where if you are aimed down while holding a grenade, and release it this would cause it to be rolled. The same method for the longer you hold the fire button for greater distance would still apply. Grenades aren't entirely round, so the top of it, make cause doing the roll, to have it roll oblong, vear off in one direction, or just stop. So the force of the roll would play a part in it. To have enough force to have to it roll over it's bumb at the top. Causing a little bounce.

If you were to elevate the grenade before you though it, it would be tossed in the air like it is currently.

.Sniper187.

Weekly War Founder and Real Maps Reviewer
Aug 5, 2000
weeklywar.sobservers.com
Well, realistic rolling might be kind of hard to code, because it would depend on the terrain. For example, if you threw a grenade on to a paved street, it would roll for quite a ways. However, if you threw it into sand or mud, it would stop almost immediately.

<center>
sig.gif

Founder and Director of The Weekly War.