(UED2) Umx file starts over when half played

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
I dont import music much, cause I find it annoying when another player should download al those extra files, but I am busy creating some SP maps, and I imported some songs yesterday. (converted to wav, saved as .it file and imported)

The problem is that when the song is half played it starts over.
This can be, cause the other umx files are looped too, but is there a way to disable this halfway looping?

and if there isint does anybody have an idea why and how long exactly it takes before the song get looped?

<edit>
I stopwatched it, after 38 secs the song starts over. :(

Last edited:

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I've had this problem before...to my best recollection, this is how you solve it (you'll need ModPlug Tracker; refer to the handy-dandy attached pictures, too):

1) Open the .it file in ModPlug Tracker. Click on the Patterns tab.
2) You should see a row of numbers (see picture #1). After the first number (typically 0) fill in the rest of the boxes with a 1, but don't touch the boxes with "..." in them. Select the second pattern by clicking the box immediately to the right of the box with the "0" in it. It should automatically scroll to the point where the first and second patterns meet.
3) You'll see a number of grayed-out rows (the first pattern), and then a number of normal rows (the second pattern). If there is anything other than a blank in the first row of the second pattern (like in picture #2), clear the row by right-clicking and selecting "Delete Row". The pattern should then be blank, like in picture #3.
4) The .it should now play all the way through without restarting.

By the way, you can test the results at any time by playing the .it in the Tracker. I don't know if this will work in your situation, but it works for me (I did .mp3 -> .wav -> .it -> .umx).

[EDIT]
This might help, too:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=329057

Attachments

• musichelp1.JPG
    musichelp1.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 42
  • musichelp2.JPG
    musichelp2.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 38
  • musichelp3.JPG
    musichelp3.JPG