Headshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Now this question will make me sound like a n00b, but whatever. I was wondering if anyone knows how UT calculates the headshots....
You see, i was wondering if the Juggernauts have advantages, as the back of their head is completly protected...
Also, the Juggernauts on average are a whole lot bigger than other charachters... does that make them easier to hit then too?
in practice I cant really say if the larger charachters are easier to hit...
I've only ever had issues trying to head shot those 'alien' charachters like Mokara... don't know why, but it seems they are harder to hit.
if all the above is of importance, then i will stick to tinny little charachters :D

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
All characters are supossed to have the same hitzone. The Juggs look smaller and their heads are hidden(looking at their back). Just aim above them(not too much) to get a headshot.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I have a sneaky suspicion that you can only get a head shot if the damage of the hit actually is enough to kill AND hits them in the head! That might sound stupid, but i believe it's possible to shoot someone in the head with say...... 199 health? and have them survive happily!
Also i've heard rumours of someone with 1 hit point left getting hit by a minigun in the head and the victor getting awarded a headshot! Could be wrong of course! But still, even UT has Urban Myths you know!

Like with the Link gun, "WHATEVER you do, Don't cross the beams!"

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
*lays the smack down on UT myths*

If you shoot someone in the head with the Lightning gun, it will do them 140 damage. If you shoot someone in the head with a Sniper Rifle, it will do them 120 points of damage. You will only be rewarded with the "HEADSHOT!" announcement if it kills the person.

With that said, no other weapons can get a headshot, nor do any other weapons do more damage to the head. Shooting someone in the head with the Link Gun will kill them just as fast as shooting them in the foot.

BulletProof

...I wish I was
Mar 27, 2002
Maryland, U.S.
Visit site
spineblaZe said:
*lays the smack down on UT myths*...
With that said, no other weapons can get a headshot, nor do any other weapons do more damage to the head. Shooting someone in the head with the Link Gun will kill them just as fast as shooting them in the foot.
Unless you go back to UT and count the Razor

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Wasn't it called the razorjack in Unreal... ;)

Anyways, I vaguely recall a mutator for UT that had some additional bonuses. Crotchshot... I believe you could use the enforcer to get headshots too? Or perhaps it was just to get crotchshots.

wildfrogman

Sep 30, 2001
usa
Visit site
That was a crotchshot mutator/mod thing. Enforcers dont get headshot kills. Now, in UT I remember doing headshots on people with my plasma rifle/ kinda like the link gun. Damage AMP then secondary beam into their head and it explodes~flies off and a headshot....surprised me the first time I did that.