Unreal Tournament not allowing me to play custom maps:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathbliss

UT Engineer
Apr 9, 2001
USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ok, I did read Hal's post and tried to find a previous thread related to this but I had no luck. The problem is that when I try to play any other maps than those that come with Unreal Tournament they can't find certain packages. These maps did work before - and I know something is wrong because pics that go with the map - as you cycle through that which your desire to play - these pics no longer show. This has happened to me twice now. I am running Windows 2000 with the latest service pack installed and up to now had no problems. My system, is an AMD 1 GIG Thunderbird Processor with 256 megs of RAM and a Creative Labs 3D Blaster Annihlator GeForce 2MX video card. I did fix this before but it came back so I want to find what's causing this and then destroy it. I don't think this is a virus - seems more like a configuration somewhere - but I do regular scans of EVERYTHING that goes into my system. Here's what I have done so far:

1. Backuped up all maps, textures, and music (I have 2 gigs+ of UT data on my machine!)

2. Unistalled Unreal Tournament (the last time I had to remove manually).

3. Re-installed Unreal Tournament.

These are some of the signs of the problem:

1. Manifest.ini doesn't show any of the other maps, textures, music, etc that are installed into the proper folders in the UT directory.

2. Map pics do not display that did before.

3. Custom maps don't run as packages are missing - they ran before.

I'd appreciate any help I can get to fix this, as a reviewer this is REALLY hurting my reviewing progress.

Thank you!
- Deathbliss

Deathbliss

UT Engineer
Apr 9, 2001
USA
www.planetunreal.com
UPDATE:

NOW after unistalling and removing it COMPLETELY from my HD and then re-installing it it I get this weird effect (never had it before and my rendering settings are EXACTLY the same):

Now the skyboxes around the edges show the bubble non-texture you get when there is no texture applied to a surface.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!!!

Thanks-
- Deathbliss

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I have a few suggestions you can try:
Latest VIA-drivers if you have a VIA-chipset.
Try different drivers to your Geforce.
Reinstall DirectX. Latest version is Dx8.0a

Deathbliss

UT Engineer
Apr 9, 2001
USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ok update on this:

Two more things odd - I have ran a fully updated demo build of Norton Anti-Virus and it found nothing, as well as Inoculate IT Personal edition. One other weird thing - WinZip won't let me make a zip out of UT's files - even though I have the room - it just gives me an error and crashes. Never did this before.

Hope someone can help-
- Deathbliss

Deathbliss

UT Engineer
Apr 9, 2001
USA
www.planetunreal.com
Here's a pic from DM-Agony -

This is from the first map in your DM map list after you install UT - this is what my problem looks like. Removed UT completely from my computer and installed a new copy on a base image and it wasd back to right. Added my maps and textures and it went screwy again. Still no virus findings. I'm DESPERATLY in need of assistance here folks-

- Deathbliss