Well I'll be a bearded gnome!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
Masked Textures and Sheet Brushes By Aridale

Ok first of all to use a masked texture correctly it has to be added to a sheet brush. Sheet brushes dont block anything so
this creates a problem. So you make your sheet brush, select your texture and all that good stuff and add a Special to the
world. Mark it as 2 sided and masked. 2 sided only if you'll be able to see it from the other side. If not just one sided will
work.

Now to keep things from going through the grate you need to add an invisible collision hull behind it. So *just* behind it
(not touching it, otherwise it will cause weird visual effects at a distance) make the hull. I mean like 1 unit behind it. To add
a Collision Hull, add a Special, select Invisible Collision Hull from the drop down list, and click Add. The Collision Hull
should be made from a solid brush and not a Sheet brush (don't ask why but Sheet brushes can't block actors).

SOMETHING I SAID ACUALLY GOT PUT TO SOME USE!! : /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifances a jig:: Hells yeah! LOL

Ari

Captain Gillette

Nov 11, 1999
www.mp3.com
And I'll be a little Lederhosen schoolgirl!!

Actually, you can have masked textures on cubes as well... I've made grates before by creating a cube that's 4 units wide with a masked 2-side texture on all surfaces, and made the brush non-solid or solid depending on whether the grate should allow people to pass.

Captain G.

bullet2.gif

=========================
Download CTF-Paranoimia!

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I was too lazy to create my own instructions and besides you put it so nicely /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

See, I do give credit where due! /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif