not an attention post

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MattMacD

May 10, 2001
Andover, UK
So did anyone notice I had gone for a while?

I won't ask if anyone missed me, because that's not important... ;)

Something Arcturus had said got to me... I mean, really got to me... and whenever someone in a community pushes me a little too far, I take some time away, to "regroup" (as someone I know put it), and then I either forget about the community, or I come back some time later.

I've been working on anger issues actually, because so many little things tend to annoy me, and I don't achieve anything by letting my anger consume me... having a release for it is good an' all, but it's better being able to control my anger than to even need a release...

I wasn't actually planning to come back, but whaddya know. As long as no one gives me a reason to walk away again, I'll be sticking around for now. :p

/me is currently using his parents' ****ty computer, as his one is power supply-less

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
I don't know you very well, but I did notice you were gone. Welcome back:)

BTW I may need to try some anger skills thing too... a lot of peopel tend to really piss me off at school, and it starts getting piled on me to the poingt where I wanna kill the next person who pisses me off. (usually I take my anger out on something by then tho... don't worry:D:p)

MattMacD

May 10, 2001
Andover, UK
It's not easy controlling your anger... after all, it's a powerful and irrational emotion. It can sneak in without you releasing it. But recognising it is of course the first step to being able to control it... while I understand how some things make me angry, I don't agree with getting angry. When my anger takes complete control, I think so stupidly that it's dangerous... and although I've never hurt someone out of anger, I have hurt myself... (given myself black eyes and bruises) and that is not intelligent nor useful.

Try not to let your anger take you past that safety point... because it can.