UWRC-Street

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
any pics?

Map release threads usually have at least 1 screenshot included with them. More ppl will likely download if they have at least an idea of what they are getting. :p

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Smokin said:
Its a very repeative city track that was made in a couple of hours so dont expect alot from it.
It sure is more interesting than my track. It's named UWRL-BoringTunnel, was [fortunately] never completed and has the following features:
  • Monotonous tunnel ambience
  • Crappy lighting
  • Badly rotated and aligned static meshes
Attached a screenshot. You should be happy I never released it.

Attachments

• UWRL-BoringTunnel-Screenshot.jpg
    UWRL-BoringTunnel-Screenshot.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 39

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
stevenhorton said:
I can't upload to the ftp, (WindowsXP Service Pack2 to thank:p).
Windows 2000 SP3, non-Microsoft firewall, non-Microsoft antivirus, none of those stupid security patches that prevent you from doing anything.

Have you tried to reconfigure your firewall to accept all connections from/to your FTP client? If so, it's going to be one of these features which "tightens security".

And the best news shalt come yet: Windows XP SP2 creates new security holes. (This is precisely why Hewlett-Packard don't want any employee to upgrade to SP2.)

Talk about "Service" Pack.

This is actually just like an anecdote that I know from a friend of my father: he went to get his car repaired in a country that once was formerly under influence of the Soviet Union, so it's full of poverty. He had an expensive Audi, and the mechanics not only repaired the car, but they made copies of his keys, put them into the small space behind one of the outside rear-view mirrors' glass, called a gang to monitor the car, and when it was shortly left unattended, the gang took out the "spare" keys and drove away with the expensive vehicle.
Bottom line of this whole anecdote is: they have "patched" the car, but they have added a "security flaw". If Microsoft also did it on purpose and wanted money from notorious hackers afterwards, that can only be speculated about.

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
jerdaygo said:
Hey steve give these ideas a try :)
Just as I said, "Have you tried to reconfigure your firewall to accept all connections from/to your FTP client?".

I think you have to setup you want all data to flow through your port 21 at leisure (accept outbound connections on port 21).

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
stevenhorton said:
Nice job Smokin:D The 3d models look good:) At the moment I am working on some of my building textures, but I can't upload to the ftp, ( WindowsXP Service Pack2 to thank:p).

Hey Steve, to conect to Jon's ftp, in ie, just goto tools>internet options>advanced and under the browsing section turn off "use passive ftp", installing SP2 seems to turn it on, and be sure and close ie before you try again for it to take effect.

Last edited:

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
stevenhorton said:
For one thing, the XP firewall is off, since I have a hardware firewall. But, I did go into exc exceptions, add, FTP, port=21. No change:p

Read the post above yours steve, we posted at the same time I think, just making sure you didn't miss it.

Edit: I just thought of something, if you aren't using ie for ftping then forget what I said.

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
stevenhorton said:
For one thing, the XP firewall is off, since I have a hardware firewall. But, I did go into exc exceptions, add, FTP, port=21. No change:p
Hmm... does your FTP client complain with an error message? What FTP client are you using?

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
stevenhorton said:
Diego1203, jerdaygo had me change that, but he wasn't sure whether to turn it on or off; I never tried it off:p Thanks all:) I can now get in.

WOOO HOOO :D , good that puts my mind at ease now :D

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Smokin said:
With this map and every other map i make has a problem with lan play the joining machine loads up as a person and not a car.

if you go to general there is a stickied thread. Read it.

In other words RTFT

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
this is the info from the FAQ
Q: I'm trying to run a server, but nobody can select a vehicle!?
A: You need to add the UnWheel packages to your ServerPackages:

Code:
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=UnWheel
ServerPackages=UnWheelSCars