Thinking waaaaay ahead...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

Sylvester

May be to soon to bring it up, but what the hell...

I think it would be good to make a button to change your position.
When you push the button, you'll kneel, push it once more goes to phrone, push it again to go back to kneel and one more push would go back to the starting position, standing.

So changing positions should be a toggle button in contradiction to UT where you have to keep pressing the button.

An other feature that should be implemented if there is time to do so(IMHO):

Climbing on ledges.
Let me explain: when a lege is to high to jump on(but not to high, something like 2m), you should be able to climb on like seen in prince of persia or tomb raider. For this, you'll have to put away your weapons so you're vurnable...but you can get on ceartain places you could'nt get before...

If you want to reach that perfect sniping spot, you'll need cover from your team mates.

Give it a tought... I don't want you guys to be burried under a heap of code.

Sylvester out...

A

AgentSmith

That would be cool, but I was thinking as far as climbing goes.. there would be a grapling hook, which is the same as a translocator except there is a cord attached to the hook.

I

INF_Neo

I HATE GRAPPLING HOOKS!!!
Have you ever seen a Seal with a grappling hook?

G

Well I have seen some repelling, but many just use ladders, which would be a nice feature for INF. UrbanArena has a ladder, could it be replicated.
CC

W

Warren

We'll be doing some nice extras just for the level designers out there- such as support for ladders and whatnot. We'll look at ledges, but honestly, don't count on it because it's damn near impossible to make it look right from first person. Then third person could be equally as challenging. What we need is a skeletal animation system and then we'll talk. Perhaps in the future of Infiltration, after skeletal animation is out and about for the Unreal type engines..

Grappling hooks are a no-go anyway. Waaayyyy back in Unreal Inf version 1, we were testing a grappling hook I made, but the biggest problem is rope. Obviously rope doesn't behave like it should with current technology, so it becomes unrealistic. Plus it becomes a painful task for level designers to ensure that you can't go places you shouldn't.. Anyway, we can do a whole lot of cool stuff without grappling hooks.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

I

INF_Neo

Where does the urban arena have ladders? These things in the sewers? They don't work for me. I have to jump them all up.

B

Billdog

So that is what you do when I'm away, stealing my idears. Grapping hooks isn't very practical for a combat unit. The military uses lightweight collapsible ladders instead. The drop line version is however perfect to make safe decents.

Sylvester: We already have a position toggle button combination ready for testing when the supporting code are made. If you have something concrete, you can mail me.

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

D

DAZZynEwF

Please please please correct me if im wrong....i heard somewhere that UTs engine dosent allow ladder climbing, only going up by jumping, lifts, and by the ground slopping

------------------
<Uhh...How does it go again??>

B

Billdog

Sure it does, we're just discussing what trick to use this time.

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!