detail textures w/tnt2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
i've got a creative labs tnt2 ultra running ut in d3d mode. in 32-bit rendering, the detail textures freak out. if i am in an area where you can see a lot of ground, like outside areas and large rooms, the detail textures flicker between being normal, invisible, or sort of cross-hatched. it isn't every texture though, different polygons act differently, so i'll be running around and there are flickering triangles of detail texture all around. this doesn't happen in 16-bit mode, but that just doesn't look as good.

Lost

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
For now just keep your color to 16 bit. Also make sure that its set in display panel at 16 bit. Theres such a small difference between 16 and 32 bit you really can't tell the difference. However 16 seems to be a little better. (depending on the situation) Since UT is a fast game you might want to sacrafice some detail for speed. I'm using a 700 Athlon, 128meg, and a voodoo 5 card all tweaked out and I just found that changing the textures from high to med increases my fps by about 10! Big difference

Chech this out
http://www.omegacorner.com/