question about LCD monitor and connector types

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

recon1337

Halo boy
Mar 25, 2003
CA, USA
Visit site
i've just bought a 1850x768 17in widescreen LCD monitor for my comp. its also got a TV tuner build into the monitor itself, so you can watch TV and switch to PC monitor in a snap. ok, so i'm planing on playing my xbox on this monitor(drools over halo and ninja gaiden), cuz its better than my tv, ya my tv is hella old. on the back of the monitor, its got 2 sets of inputs.
1. Video, Audio R, audio L, and S-video
2. video, audio R, Audio L, Y, Pb, and Pr

i could buy the xbox high definition pack cables 19bucks, to use set 2
or just buy xbox cables with s-video 9-39bucks, to use set 1

i dunno which set is gonna give me better visual quality, so please help me, thanks

U/D/T/SNAKE

Only partially annoying now
If i were you id go to a pc store to buy the high definition cables (intead of your local game shop). they are all the same pretty much in connectivity. The difference is you can pay about 50 bucks for the gold plated stuff which is the best. The gold plating disallows any interference. That makes all the difference. They get rid of tons of static that you never env knew was there until you see it.