woo hoo! Now my multplayer skills will be better!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Sorry, I just got my cable modem installed. It had just been finished when I came home from school (about 15mins ago). So far it rocks!

However, my version of HL won't update properly. I had to reinstall HL and now when I try to update it says that it's finished about 1/2 way through then says it cannot find the update log.

Still, so far it's great and I will download the Metal Gear Solid 2 trailer and many other videos and game demos. D

"Game over man! Game over!" -Aliens

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
500 kb/s ?.....DAMN I HATE YOU i get 2.8 sometimes 3.0 kb/s :( :( :( .

Iceman.

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Sorry about that Iceman.I used to be on a 33.6 modem before I got the cable one. Anyway the 500kps isn't all the time. Sometimes it can be 300kps other times 100kps. It just depends because of the issue of sharing bandwidth.

However, that bandwidth thing depends mostly on the time of day. So when I was downloading the movie, virtually no one was using their cable modems that's why.

Damn, I should shut up now, I'm making all you guys feel bad! Anyway at least most of you guys have a good gaming rig, I have a absolute piece of crap :D

"Game over man! Game over!" -Aliens

[This message was edited by OICW on Feb 09, 2001 at 22:24.]

Dogboy

Adept
Aug 22, 2000
Go check out your connection here. Do it 3 or four times to get it right.

This web page will test you bandwidth. I got 1073.7 kbps and 131 K bytes/sec.

http://msn.zdnet.com/partners/msn/bandwidth/speedtest50.htm

Come on, God. Answer me. For years I'm asking you why: Why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive? Where is justice, where is punishment? Or have you already answered. Have you already said to the world, here is justice, here is punishment. Here...in me...

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
I got- 29.4 kbps and 3.6 k bytes/sec :( .

Iceman.

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
mine is always stable at 7.1k's (if I'm not using the connection for anything else).

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Dang, can't wait to go to university. D'oh, can't believe I just said that. :p

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.