Unreal Series Complete Music Collection

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Okay, here are the only components I'm missing:

• Unreal Championship 2
  • Unreal Tournament 3 Demo (and missing file from Riepl's website)
  • Commercial Discs

Still no luck on UC2, but I'm working on it. The UT3 demo...hm, I'm thinking at this point that it simply packages the sound effects inside the UT3frontend.ut3 file maybe, and the music files are in their respective .ut3 level files, but UT3 files seem to give Oggextract an error. So unless there's a way we can use Unreal Editor for UT3 to export files (it won't let me), or a way to unpack UPK and UT3 files, the demo might be a lost cause. Which isn't too much of a problem, since there doesn't seem to be any different music...As for the commercial discs, I'm going to ask if anyone on the Gamingforce Forums wants to make a lossless rip.

This brings us to sound rips, which I've been making since I've had to install all the Unreal games to get the music:

soundrips1.png

Right now, a base game gets a "Sounds Rip", and then a demo or beta of that game gets checked for duplicates, which are deleted, leaving only the sounds that are "unique" to that demo or beta. Games are not checked across generations for duplicates presently (like, I'm not removing duplicates between UT2003 and UT2004 or Unreal and UT). So here's a unique folder example:

soundrips2.png

My question is, should I go ahead and check duplicates across folders? This would mean that every sound effect that's in Unreal, that also appears in another game, would be deleted out of those games' folders, leaving only the Unreal. Then, every effect that's in UT and later generations would have its later generation duplicates removed, then UT2003, and on, etc. so there would be no duplicates whatsoever?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I wouldn't go for it. It's quite time consuming and wouldn't be good for mod making.

But hey, UT3 sounds!! Can you pack them and send them to me? As I'm working on UT3 mutators for UT2004, so that would be much of a help as I don't have UT3 full (only the demo).

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah, true....I'll just release a no-duplicates pack separately.

UT3 sounds are 20,000 files and 438 MB; I'll PM you a link in a day or two, since it's taking a while to upload. They're all OGGs by default, of course.

By the way, in making the no-duplicates pack, after going comparing all the main games to everything else and each other starting with Unreal up, the only duplicates left were...

A sound effect used in ONLY beta Unreal Tournament popped up in the alpha version of Unreal II (U21774.wav).

A sound effect used in ONLY beta Unreal Tournament popped up in Unreal II - XMP (U2XMPA3730.wav).

A sound effect used in ONLY beta Unreal popped up in Unreal II - XMP (U2XMPA3727.wav).

Interesting, eh...

Edit: Is 7zip all right for the UT3 effects?

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Sure is. Compress the files as much as you can, and preferably upload it somewhere else than Filefront. And keep them in packs of at most 100MB if you can as my connection isn't the best...

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Wow, looks like besides the voice stuff, a 7z of the regular sound effects comes out to 20 mb. Do you need the voices too? There are five language folders (German, English, Italian, Spanish, and French), and each folder contains all the character taunts and messages + the announcers.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Great news. XWB/ZWB files unpacker 0.3.1 handles Unreal Championship 2 files perfectly! I'll use Xbox ADPCM decoder and player 0.2.3a to get them to 44.1 just like Unreal Championship.

:) progress is going well, I made requests for lossless rips for the commercial discs, but if I can't get them before UC2 and the other stuff is ready, no big loss. I'll just release version 0.9 of the torrent :)

Edit: Quick question; does the UC2 title theme appear in-game during a cut scene or actual game play? If it's a cut scene, that explains why there's no source file (except for what Kevin Riepl has shown, like his UT3 scene contributions). If in-game, I'm going to have to go hunting...

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Okay, then everything's done. I'll post it late tomorrow (probably Monday for EU fans). I'll also post the missing music here in anticipation for the next release.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Sorry, delay since I found "A History of Unreal Music", the anthology disc. I'm downloading it to include it in the torrent.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah. It's just that they remaster them, so for the sake of perfectionism...like if you listen to the original Isotoxin UMX and the MP3, you can tell the MP3's been preamped.

The guy went away before I finished downloading, so if he's not back by tomorrow, I'm releasing with another rip I have.

SorayMustDie

Approach me and DIE!!
Feb 24, 2008
Hey ZeaL I want those music :D

hmm...do you have UT2k4 female annoucer's voice package? I think I am going to do a mutator for UT99...

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
PMed Soray...

They're up:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1975373
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1975408

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.) Missing Files
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have ANY of these files, please post at

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=179892

===UT3 DEMO===

The UT3 demo uses a weird file obfuscation system. Stuff like the A_sound and
music files are missing, yet the game has music and sounds, so I've concluded
that they're packed in with other cooked files. Oggextract can't seem to pull
anything out of the cooked files for the demo, so extraction is impossible
until someone figures out how the demo's doing things. There doesn't appear to
be any different music in the demo, so it's no big loss.

===UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3===

Kevin Riepl used to host ut07gctrailer06.mp3 on his website, a piece of music
composed for an early UT3 trailer. The link was dead as of August 2008 and has
been removed as of October 2008.

===COMMERCIAL RELEASES===

With this release are Unreal - Original Soundtrack for the Hit Game, the
Unreal TOurnament 3 soundtrack, and Unreal Anthology - A History of Unreal
Music. They're encoded in MP3, though. Optimally, I'd like these three
commercial releases in LOSSLESS:

* Unreal - Original Soundtrack for the Hit Game
* Unreal Anthology Music Disc - A History of Unreal Music
(with music from four games)
* Unreal Tournament 3 Original Soundtrack

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
I have something "missing".
Some possible Bonus Remixes, they can be downloaded somewhere I think, unsure if the youtoube sound quality is good enough, however the links:
UT Soundtrack - Foregone Destruction (Phrakture Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhKdx__f5xY
UT Soundtrack - Skyward Fire (Phrakture Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzBmLKWBn7w
UT Soundtrack - Botpack #9 (Phrakture's Chilled Breakbeat Redux)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yGD11d2-ys
Also can offer this WIP remix project, Acoustiks Unreal Torunament Remix Project
(including remixes of course, razor-up and foregone)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h9w2nx

/edit: also this stuff here, DL: http://www.gazup.com/H3OQ4-kr_ut3_industrial.zip-download-mirrors/
KR_UT3_CORET, KR_UT3_STRIDENT, KR_UT3_INDUSTRIAL,
E3_Sony_Demo_v3, E3_UT3_Level_demo, E3_UT3_Concept_Music,
UT3-Malcolm_Betrayal, UT3-Conclusion, UT3-Tutorial_Music, UT3-NEG_Intercedes, UT3-Necris_Attack, UT3-Intro_Alternate, UT3-Intro, ut07gctrailer06

/edit 2: and the only missing ut07gctrailer06 as single download, because I just noted only that was missing
http://www.gazup.com/RL3eQ-ut07gctrailer06.zip-download-mirrors/

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah, I didn't know FLAC had won the format war when I made these...Debating whether to re-convert, since it will force everyone who downloaded before to re-download the torrent.

So far, I acquired FLAC UT3 and History of Unreal soundtracks, so I just need to get a lossless rip of the original Unreal soundtrack. If anyone has EAC and wants to rip it, it'd save some trouble.

Thanks for the remixes, Creavion! And I'm so happy you had that trailer track from Kevin Reipl.

No luck with the UT3 demo, still, but I don't think it has any unique music anyway...

So, once I get the lossless Unreal OST + rip UT3's new TitanPack sound effects (if there are any), I'll re-rerelease the music and sound effect torrents.

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Great news; foobar converts APE to FLAC with tags, so converting will be very, very easy.

I left a message with Michiel van den Bos on Myspace to try and interview him about some song credits, and also about his experiences composing for UT. I hope he has the time to answer; I'll include this stuff in the torrent. Once I speak to him, I'll try Alexander Brandon and the others.

Now I just need to find the original Unreal OST on Ebay :)