behindview issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoraUT

Flanking your ass since 1812
Jul 11, 2004
Earth
iam new on the forums, id use newbie but i hate the term. anyway ive been playing unreal tournament 2004 for a while now and the issue with the behind view camera is that you cant aim your gun fire where you whant. it just fires straight ahead. is there a way to fix it. a code, mod, something iam doing wrong. thanks in advance

SoraUT

Jul 11, 2004
Earth
huh... your right. never noticed before. sucks too cause the behind view is really cool looking. specally with the doging moves

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
The way I hear it, the behindview aiming is disallowed because it allows players to see around corners, giving them an unfair advantage.

-slayr

Jun 13, 2004
Mesa, Arizona
halo2hq.org
Disallowed in what?

The behind view looks awsome, but it too difficult to actually play the game with. If there was a better aimer and way I could see to shoot though, I would use it.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Dissallowed online, server hosts have the option to turn it off! people used to bind behindview to a key and then would just press it when ever they needed to see round corners or would fire the translocator and then go to the translocators camera and behind view then too!

monkey8

Apr 4, 2004
SoraUT said:
huh... your right. never noticed before. sucks too cause the behind view is really cool looking. specally with the doging moves
Yeah, at least you can still frag with the shieldgun, but you cant shieldjump without going first person.

SoraUT

Jul 11, 2004
Earth
nope dosent work, it crashes the game. anyway i found something interesting out a couple days ago. when your in water, lava, mud, whatever. you can aim the gun in 3d person. like fire where the crosshair is. to really make sure i wasent imaging things, i fired off the lighting gun. it hit the celing of where i was at. wierd?