The Infiltration team will be attending a "Mod College"...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
yep, saw it at PHL.

I'll just copy and paste the post.

"Westwood Studios officially announced Mod College today. Mod College, which will take place Friday, Feb. 15th, will bring together many of the best and brightest FPS modding teams together and give them an organized presentation of the modding tools for Renegade, including Discreet's gmax tool. The teams will get a tour of the studio and get the chance to work with and help shape the final direction of the Renegade mod tools before they are released to the general community.

The day will be spent learning the gamut of all things Renegade, from basics to the much more advanced principals. Mod College's "teachers" include Lead Programmer Greg Hjelstrom, Lead Designer David Yee, Artist Joe Black, 3D Artist/Animator Beau Anderson and Associate Producer Rob Powers.

The development team will take suggestions and feedback from the mod teams and incorporate some of that in the final tools and documentation. All that documentation developed in conjunction with the mod teams will be made available to everyone around the time that the tools themselves are released.

Keep your ears here for reports and pictures from the event!

Here's a list of the mod teams who will be in attendance:
Defense Alliance (Unreal)
Global Warfare (Half-Life)
Godz (Unreal)
Infiltration (Unreal)
Jailbreak (Unreal)
Natural Selection (Half-Life)
Neo Cairo (Unreal)
The Opera (Half-Life)
Reaction Quake 3 (Quake)
Strike Force (Unreal)
Unreal Fortress (Unreal)"

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Does that mean the Inf-team gets to teach the others about good mod/weapon-design ? ;)
I'm sure even C&C:R/Westwood can benifit from their knowledge ... :D

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
while I'm TRYING to download the demo of Renegade, i found some mod college update. I wonder whom the team sent in?
http://westwood.ea.com/games/ccuniverse/renegade/index.shtml

The doors have closed, the notebooks are out, and the presentations are in progress. After a 2 hours LAN play and some refreshments the top Mod creators from the FPS community are now getting the run down of gmax and how it will be utilized in Renegade.
tour1_thumb.jpg

The Grand tour

neocairo_thumb.jpg

The Neo Cairo (Unreal) team

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Whew! With the gmax demo out of the way, the mod makers are now receiving a tutorial session on physics and map construction. Unlike most educational institutions, Westwood has ordered large amounts of pizza, caffeine, and candy to keep the teams creative juices flowing. Luckily we managed to snap off a few shots of Dave Yee and Greg Hjelstrom showing off their skills.

dave_y_thumb.jpg

Dave Yee, lead designer, shows off the basics of map making.

greg_h_thumb.jpg

Greg Hjelstrom, Engineer, demonstrates how the physics in Renegade work.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Could that be... Beppo?

Beppo is a myth, a spook story told by mod developers to their kids. Rat on your dad, and Beppo will get you. The greatest trick that Beppo ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. Well, that and leaning.

:D

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
So its offical, there truly is an INF team member in there? I thought someone had disproved it.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Heh, I could imagine all the other developers asking if they can smell the great beppo, or take home some nail clippings...:p

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
-------------------------------
Defense Alliance (Unreal)
Global Warfare (Half-Life)
Godz (Unreal)
Infiltration (Unreal)
Jailbreak (Unreal)
Natural Selection (Half-Life)
Neo Cairo (Unreal)
The Opera (Half-Life)
Reaction Quake 3 (Quake)
Strike Force (Unreal)
Unreal Fortress (Unreal)
-------------------------------

well i'm glad to see that there are some non "realism-ish" mod teams there...

uh oh what's this "Strike Force"? Dear lord if "Optimizer" showed up, i can only guess how many dirty looks he must've got.