UT2004 Awards, Part 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Following up on Saturday's UT2004 Awards report, Gamespy has handed out the cross-platform awards and Unreal Tournament 2004 has taken top prize in the Game of the Year - Multiplayer category, beating out the likes of Halo 2 and other games from their respective consoles. (thanks, kupoartist)

Also, Gamespot has posted its super-comprehensive Best of 2004 Awards. UT2004 was a finalist for the Best Multiplayer, Most Improved Sequel, Best Shooter, Best PC Game, and is a finalist for Game of the Year Award which will be announced Wednesday at 2:00 pm EST.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Sure ... and CS/Source is the best multiplayer ever ... ;)

atticbat

FragBait
Heh... at this point in time, right now, UT2004 pwns Halflife2 imo.

ONS, INV, CTF, vCTF, vINV, DDOM, AS, DM, TDM, Jailbreak, IG...

A HUGE community of serious talent and motivation, the tools to do the job, and servers running 24/7.

Now, once the HL2 community catches up and improves the gaming loadout, then HL2 will probably surpass ut2004... maybe.

SP, CS:Source, and DM? Thats it? Hardly even a comparison, though tossing toilets is kewl... it is not quite enough, yet.

I think the best award for UT2004 is that every PC in my house and my family's homes ALL have a copy of ut2004 installed. Of course, I bought all the copies as gifts, but hey...

life is good all the way around :)

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
ShortCutMan said:
Game of the Year will be taken by Half Life 2 obviously, I don't think UT2004 has a chance really.

Since WoW was the winner of 'Best PC Game', why would they choose HL2 for best game overall? Wouldn't make sense... Anyway, I think GTA:SA will take that honour.

ShortCutMan

Dec 16, 2002
In a chair!
Visit site
Its just because its HL2, there is a lot of fanboys for it that will vote. Personally, I can't think of any game that deserves it this year. I enjoy UT2004 far more than HL2 however, so it got my vote.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
I think you may be confusing it with the Readers' Choice Awards, there's no user submitted voting involved in the GOTY award. Anyway, WoW won it.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Game of the year?

More like hype of the year award yes.
Halo2? HL2? WOW? come on.... there were dozen of games on PC and console ten times more entertaining than these.
It was more a contest for which game put more money in their marketing...
:shake: