Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
edit// also 2 adults = £ 14.50 [$ 23.76 USD] wtf?!
oh my effing god.
don't even get me started on the prices at movie theaters these days.

yeah.
I first noticed that sh*t about 2 months ago on a date, took this girl to go see Public Enemies. and all we bought were the tickets because we had gotten food just prior, so there was no popcorn or drinks on the bill.

later that night I dump the crap out of my pockets and look at my receipt.
f*cking 30 dollars for 2 adults @ 9:10PM showing. 30 bucks!
what the hell.

and when I do get food, I don't normally get anything other than a large popcorn and a bottle of water. but now a god damn bottle of water (you know, that stuff that just falls from the sky) is $3.50!
3.50??
who decided that? they should have their balls hammered to pieces.

oh, and don't forget how they've begun showing commercials before movies. this has been coming for several years. it started with them running like one, single commercial before the previews. but it would be a good one, like one that was actually funny or cool and that you hadn't seen on TV very often if at all.
but now they show an entire, standard commercial break before the previews. I'm talking 4, 5, or 6 ads. and it's nothing special, it's the not-funny-trying-to-be-hip-dime-a-dozen Mountain Dew or video game ads that you've probably seen a thousand times that week.

your parents ever tell you stories about when they used to go to the movies?
it cost you like 5 bucks. total.
that's tickets and food for 2.
and then before the movie, you'd get newsreels, a weather report, some cartoons, maybe a Three Stooges short, and then some previews.

now it's 30 bucks just to get in the door and sitting through 8 minutes of advertisements just to get to the previews.

christ.
where'd I set my joint...

Last edited:

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
I don't know where you guys are, but the last time I went to see a movie, it cost me $8.50 :p

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Depends on the theater. I have a tiny theater across the street from me that's $6.25 before 6:00. But you don't get the huge screens and stadium seating of something like United Artists.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Depends on the theater. I have a tiny theater across the street from me that's $6.25 before 6:00. But you don't get the huge screens and stadium seating of something like United Artists.

The AMC theatres around my area are $5.00 Monday through Thursday, but the catch is that it can't be release weekday for that particular movie. Friday through Sunday is $10.00

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Gamer - 9/10 ... I think it was a great spin on the "Running Man" genre that keeps popping up. It's a much better thought out storyline than Running Man and Death Race and movies like that though. There are some twists that they definitely do not give away in the trailers regarding major plot devices, and I won't give those away here. The movie is very relevant in today's internet/social network era and it jacks it up a few hundred notches, and you'll see what I mean by that. It was very entertaining, not cheesy at all, and overall you get a nice self-contained movie that doesn't leave you hanging.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's made by the same guys who made Crank, which I found to be extremely abysmal and useless to watch. Skipping.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
It's made by the same guys who made Crank, which I found to be extremely abysmal and useless to watch. Skipping.

It's absolutely *nothing* like Crank. Production values for Crank were pretty low, but frankly I liked Crank for what it was, a nice little GTA-esque romp.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Crank is a great movie to watch with "the guys." It's just so lol-worthy.
I thought Crank and Crank 2 were very fun movies, I don't get why people hate them. It's a lot better than trying to mix genres and fail terribly at it. Plus it's colorful and has a lot of movement so it's fun to watch when either drunk or stoned.
Inglorious Basterds 7/10
I guess I didn't enjoy as much as the other people on BUF. I was expecting Pulp Fiction set in WW2 but instead I got Jackie Brown in WW2.What bothered me the most was how simple the plot was, and the dialogue wasn't as sharp as the other movies, which I was expecting since how would Tarantino know what a Frenchman or Nazi especially in the 40s. The first scene I thought was brilliantly written but the bar scene's dialogue felt needlessly tall, and the dialogue scenes involving Shosannah were also underwhelming. And it didn't feel like a Tarantino movie it felt like it was someone trying to be Tarantino who directed this movie. He pulls out old tricks that people have praised him for in the past in a very obvious way.
But still it's a good movie.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Crank 2 - Cant review this movie fairly because I tried watching it without any alcohol or drugs and its clear that you need one or the other, or both. Without either the movie is a 1/5 sadly. with drugs I imagine this movie is awesome as hell.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I don't know where you guys are, but the last time I went to see a movie, it cost me $8.50 :p

It costs about 8 euros here. I suspect pirating is being used as an excuse to increase the cost studios impose on movie theatres and this in turn is being transferred to ticket prices.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
later that night I dump the crap out of my pockets and look at my receipt.
f*cking 30 dollars for 2 adults @ 9:10PM showing. 30 bucks! what the hell.

and when I do get food, I don't normally get anything other than a large popcorn and a bottle of water. but now a god damn bottle of water (you know, that stuff that just falls from the sky) is $3.50! 3.50??

Dude, I don't know what's that theater. But I know one thing, they're desperate for profit. 3.50 for a bottle of water is lolastic. I remember seeing 10 bucks for a quart of Pizza, bet they'd have that for 20 bucks on there.

EDIT: That would be 80 bucks of profit per pizza, just 40 is megalolastic. Just think about it.

Oh and 30 bucks for 2 person is a mega ripoff, I just go to the theater here during Thursdays. We get 50% off, 10 for 2 person, makes sense to me. 13 for popcorn, 2 person and a drink.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
and when I do get food, I don't normally get anything other than a large popcorn and a bottle of water. but now a god damn bottle of water (you know, that stuff that just falls from the sky) is $3.50!
3.50??

You should just bring your own bottle of water and put it in your pocket. It's not like they pat you down. Most theaters I go to don't even care. I've seen kids bring in backpacks full of chips, popcorn, and 1 gallon jugs of arizona iced tea, as well as a bunch of solo cups to pass around to friends.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's not like they pat you down. Most theaters I go to don't even care. I've seen kids bring in backpacks full of chips, popcorn, and 1 gallon jugs of arizona iced tea...

Yeah I thought about the backpack thing.
It's still a bit suspicious once they know what viewers have in mind.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Don't you guys have smaller indie theaters around where you live? There's plenty of those here in town, and they all charge around 4-5€ for a standard-length movie. Movies are usually shown a few weeks, sometimes months, after they start in the big cinemas, but they're also showing plenty of films that would never make it to the big cineplexes - and there's lots of gems to be found that way.