FloatProperty Critical Error and other things

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
I was downloading new maps and inserting them into my Infiltration folder tonight, which worked fine the last several times I did so (at least for downloading map packs), but has now caused some sort of Critical Error whenever I try to play Infiltration.

I can get the startup menu to load, but after I click "Play Infiltration" and see the little picture, a tab comes up saying

"Critical Error
Can't find FloatProperty in file
'FloatProperty InfAdds.INFUT_ADD_Turret.FireDistFar'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"

As far as I know, I didn't do anything unusual when moving the various files into their various folders. So...what did I do wrong and what should I do to fix it? Please, I'm not that tech-savvy, so layman's terms would be appreciated.

I'm running Infiltration 2.9, by the way.

And another thing that I doubt any of you can answer without more information is: Why is it that some of the maps I've downloaded work fine but others don't, saying something along the lines of "Cannot find file package 'x'" whenever I try to launch it?

Thanks for the help.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
On the second part: Some maps rely on certain texture packs, which might not be included in the DL or in not installed in the Infiltration/textures folder. Same goes for sounds etc.. If you name them somebody can tell where to find it.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
2 things come in mind:
- The map you just installed was buildt on an older INF version. The new version obviously has removed this property.
Solution: move the .unr out of your maps folder, one by one, beginning with the last one you installed

- You installed the "Enemy at the Gates"-map. This map, has a native-INF package onboard - InfAdds.u - from a VERY old INF version.
Solution: remove any InfAdds.u from your UT/... folders and copy the original one from the INF-Zips to /UT/Infiltration/System/
You can find the InfAdds.u inside the INF-core zipfile.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
It's fixed now...the original problem was what Cleus mentioned because the Enemy at the Gates map was one of the maps I had recently installed.

In reference to Nukeproof, I belive one of the texture packs missing was something on the lines of "ferribul_x" I'm also missing the "Silver Ibex" and "Lian-x" texture packs...or something very similar to those names.

Another question:
How come whenever I play CTF (bots), and I either:
1. get the flag back to my base
or
2. the round is over (and I have Auto-Change Location on)

I become invisible and unable to do anything except wander around the map?

Last edited: