Mac Bandits

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
Any Mac Bandits out there??
Installed the game using the non-umod download and all went ok - loaded UT2K4 and CB is there in the menu list of Instant Action! Click play....... and it bombs back to the Finder after a few seconds of loading! :(

bugger! Hoping someone can help cos i'd LOVE to play this game, looks awesome... shame

TIA - STRiD3R

Al[Demiurge]

Oct 23, 2003
www.demiurgestudios.com
striderdm1 -- we certainly want to support mac players!

Could you try going to Host Game and starting a game from there and let me know what happens?

Also, if you could try and cause the bug, quit the game and then send me al AT demiurgestudios.com your ut2004.log file we can try and get you a fix.

Thanks,
Al

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
Al[Demiurge] said:
Did Host Game work for you? I also never recieved the email, could you try again?

Strange :-?
Anyhow, emailed u again - and sent u a logfile too. Yep, i tried the hosting but no it didn't work.. just like Instant Action didn't.

IF the email doesn't get through this time, can u send me a private message? Cos i tried to pm you, but there was no option.

Cheers m8

Grakkar

Jun 10, 2004
This happened to me too under Linux...except it killed my Gnome session and "bombed" me back to the login screen. Nothing should kill my session unless I kill it myself :mad:

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
grakkar....you patched to 3236? i had a similar problem where it would just kill unreal but it would only exit the game, not the session. that was on the original install though and it worked when i patched it to 3236 just fine.....i also used the zip, not umod. (BTW i have mandrake 10.0 [yep n00b linux] i suppose it might run differently under other distros)

Grakkar

Jun 10, 2004
Screech said:
grakkar....you patched to 3236? i had a similar problem where it would just kill unreal but it would only exit the game, not the session. that was on the original install though and it worked when i patched it to 3236 just fine.....i also used the zip, not umod. (BTW i have mandrake 10.0 [yep n00b linux] i suppose it might run differently under other distros)
I don't know what I'm patched to, but I know it's the latest patch (I assume it's 3236). And (something strange) ever since I installed clone bandits last night, whenever I type "quit" or "exit" in the ut2004 console it's been killing my session as well. I don't know if they're related, or whether one is causing the other, or what...

I'm going to try uninstalling Clone Bandits and see if that fixes anything.

BTW, I think I'm running Gentoo (yes, I'm an even bigger n00b than you), don't know if that has to do with anything...

*edit*

I just tried to play Clone Bandits online, and this time it didn't kill my session. I got this command line output:

Code:
Error loading ONS-ChainsIsileFinal !
Error loading TGame !!!
Error loading TMutators !!!
Error loading TVehicles !!!
WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":20.0".
Resolved ut2004master2.epicgames.com -> 207.135.145.7
Connection established.
Resolved ut2004master2.epicgames.com -> 207.135.145.7
Connection established.
RecvFrom returned SOCKET_ERROR 111
Resolved ut2004master1.epicgames.com -> 207.135.145.6
Connection established.
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.

Crash information will be saved to your logfile.

Last edited:

SpOoNFisH

Jul 15, 2004
I have also had the same problem with the game crashing in mandrake 10.0, and i havent patched it so i will do that as soon as i have replaced the network card that decided to comit suicide for absolutely no reason yesterday.

I thought of looking in the log file but i couldn't find it. Can someone tell me where it is? cos i might need it again in the future or something.