Watchdogs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7BVr9k5QY[/m]

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcCH16_Yuc[/m]

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
considering I did all the side missions and minigames during my first playthrough, there's basically nothing to do after you're finished with the story. that being said, I'm also playing through the game a 2nd time. there are some things you can do differently with the plot and my 1st play was basically all stealth and preplanning. 99% of my firefights were engaged with suppressors and booby traps.

on my new game I'm simply Rambo'ing the shit out of every mission because firefights are awesome; one of my favorite aspects to the gameplay. great sound effects, great weapon handling, intense atmosphere. it's not perfect but Watch_Dogs has it's strong suits. it's not game of the year but it's been a lot of fun. maybe it helps that I didn't follow the hype. I didn't watch trailers or read previews. I don't care. just put the game in and started playing, and when I get a game I look for reasons to enjoy it, not reasons to hate it.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

Hi we are Ubisoft.. we did not downgrade the game in any way. Enjoy. Yeah right you didn't. Now the question begs to be asked: Why?

Did they do it so the next gen consoles wouldn't look quite so bad? Least likely.

Did they do it because Ubi are a bunch of incompetent fucks? Probably.

Watch Total Biscuits vid on it. He goes through these questions and gives his insight into it. Needless to say, Ubi have some explaining to do and I hope gamers do not let this go lightly.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Okay, I am dying to install this and try it. I was pretty disappointed by the graphics in the released game.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Rumour has it the PC version was deliberately gimped in order to make the next-gen console versions look more appealing, likely hidden under the guise of 'making a consistent experience across all platforms'.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I just assumed they did graphics first and optimization later. After all, most games are still largely designed and tested on PC? Then when "optimization" failed to make the game meet their standard for frame rates on consoles, they made some quick cuts to easy things like crowd density, detailed explosions, etc.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Considering the assets are labeled with "E3", it seems possible that this stuff wasn't intended to be in the final release, but if that's even remotely true, why Ubi didn't remove said assets...
Either way, considering the mod makes some changes that has given noticeable performance increases on low to mid tier systems, Ubi still has some splaining to do

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, that's the thing. The mod makes it look better AND run better. That's a load of crap.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we've set out to achieve. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they're released, striving for the best possible quality. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality. Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

Thanks for playing Watch Dogs and stay safe on the mean streets of Chicago.

-The Watch Dogs Team

from Ubisoft about the unused features

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Less generic 13 year old QQ about the E3 "graphics unlock" and more funny videos.

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcLcb61DmI[/m]

Oh wait

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY0wpGsUpdk[/m]

Last edited: